Model Cars Magazine Forum

Testors Glass Glue

I recently purchased the White Cement from Testors used to put the glass into kits. I have no luck what so ever with this product. Do you have to prep the glass any special way I may not be aware of ? Could my cement be old and no good ? No reason the amount of cement I used on this last front and back windows that it should be popping out. The back didn't dry clear as well although it was dry. Any info or help would be greatly appreciated.

The Testor's stuff is too thin for most applications. The best white glue I ever used and the strongest is Formula 560 Canopy Glue(see pic below). Most hobbyshops carry it. It's made by Pacer the maker of Zap-a-Gap super glue. I use it for allot more than clear parts.

PAAPT56-450.jpg

Edited by 935k3

I also use Elmer's glue for glass with no problems at all. I squirt a puddle on a paper plate and apply it using a toothpick around all the edges of the glass being installed. You have to let it thoroughly dry (overnight is good) before handling or moving the body. It holds very well and is stronger than you'd think it would be.

-I usually use. Testors "clear" but yes it takes forever for it to dry fully and. Clear, -'ve actually lately been holding my windows in place and useing small tacks of hot glue in corners that hold glass quite well is clean, and makes disassembly easier if model is taken apart later on dowm the road :)