Model Cars Magazine Forum

can we move motorcycles out of here?

seems to me there are enough motorcycles here in this "everything else" ghetto to have their own ghetto. please separate them from the rest of this fine example of modelling something no one else really cares about (eg: not automotive related) and maybe someone will look at them (the motorcycles...i cant really understand why anyone would post stuff like their fully detailed bozo the clown model on this site anyhow much less go to an "other" forum to look at them. maybe its just me; it wouldnt be the first time.)

seems to me there are enough motorcycles here in this "everything else" ghetto to have their own ghetto. please separate them from the rest of this fine example of modelling something no one else really cares about (eg: not automotive related) and maybe someone will look at them (the motorcycles...i cant really understand why anyone would post stuff like their fully detailed bozo the clown model on this site anyhow much less go to an "other" forum to look at them. maybe its just me; it wouldnt be the first time.)

Just because you don't care for "other" models doesn't mean that all the rest of us share your opinion. If the idea of an "Other" models section is so offensive to you, there's a very simple solution.

There are alot of cycle kits here. Alot of really NICE cycle kits. It does have an exceedingly simple solution to the situation. Click on the bike threads...DON'T click on the non bike threads. I personally like the "other models" section because variety is the spice of life. Would it be more to everyone's liking if the aforementioned Alien figure were made into a Star Wars style motorcycle? I doubt it. (although it would be pretty cool to me :P ). Unfortunately saying you don't want these "other" builds here is the same as saying you don't want these other builders who did them here. It's not a huge section but it has it's following. I say let it be. :)

• 1 month later...

thank you harry for refusing to address the point i made but instead again going off on some convenient tangent. let me restate the obvious for those of us who appear to be reading comprehension challenged:

"other" is no place to put motorcycles on this forum. i dont care that the category contains bozo costumes, star wars clutter, or piles of stinking dog waste, MOTORCYCLES need their own forum or let them be in the usual workbench and/or under glass category.

thanks again...for nothing.

ps: if you cant tell anyhow, i am about done here. this "moderation" here has become a joke what with little hitlers moving stuff here and there with little regard to any actual organization scheme. its just hilarious and i will be the first to laugh and poke at you with sticks.

Edited by jbwelda

In your opinion, motorcycles should have their own forum area.

I disagree.

Obviously we can't be all things to all people, and even more obviously, we can't put every member's personal demands into effect. A site like this has to be a compromise. We'll never be able to make everyone happy, it's simply impossible. Surely you can understand that. But... if the fact that we're not going to change the forum to the way you specifically want the forum to be changed is enough to cause you to leave the forum, that's your call.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the categories and classifications in this forum are absolutely top notch. Unlike another forum which I will not name, we have a wide variety of subjects to keep us interested. I can't speak for everyone of course, but it looks to me like I am nowhere near being alone in my opinion that this forum is excellent. If I were in charge around here, I wouldn't change a single feature, or rule for any reason. This of course is my opinion as I said.

GREAT JOB!!! To the staff and moderators here. Thanks for reading.............

.-Nick Rizzo

I agree with what Nick said. This forum has excellent sub-categories and there are very nice people and so on. I really like the place.

I can understand, that bikes could have own section, just like Drag Racing Models or NASCARS. Personally, even if I like to see all kinds of models, I don't visit this category very often. Maybe it's just because I don't have enough time or something. But every subject can't have own category, and since it's Model CAR forum, I think bikes fit well under this category, too.

• 2 months later...

I've been lurking on this site for months....drag cars only. I was pleasantly suprised to see this catagory because I build figures,bikes,WWII german aircraft,etc. This is great!!! A bit of everything. I can see a separate catagory for bikes(CHOPPERS!!) but if not who cares.Hell,even the ship models turn my crank!!!

as i have learned the hard way, this is Modelcarsmagaize fourm. not modelbikemagazine. keep your ideas to yourself here. they are not welcome. only moderator fanboys have great ideas that should be looked into.

as for leaving the site, dont, i just overlook the people that i have grown to dislike and keep on trucking

Edited by lanesteele240

• 2 weeks later...

Can I file a complaint? I like being here and looking soooo much, I can't get any building done at all. I mean really guys, could you try to make this site even a little humdrum? Just kidding. :D The site is great. If ya don't like the topic then don't click on it. It can't get much simpler than that. Heaven would be for the complainers to get revenge. How to do that?.....Start your own forum, instead of berating someone out there doing it.

I would like to say thank you to all the moderators on this site, and please continue.

ok...boy am i glad i happened to check out this thread after leaving it for a few months.

one thing, michael1969, could you please explain how exactly anything you wrote has the slightest to do with this topic? as far as i can see your post is some tangential thinking in the extreme coupled with some undisguised moderator azz kissing. here is a gentle suggestion: perhaps you should get a few more posts under you belt before you start contributing to threads like this, just to see how things work here.

for some clarity what i was originally asking for was not a separate category for motorcycles but for them to be allowed to be posted in the usual places: on the workbench, under glass, perhaps big boys for the non-25th scale ones (cause lord knows no one builds 1/24). you know, somewhere where people actually LOOK with some regularity (just look at the views/replies stats of this and other lower level forums and compare them to the first three to verify how many look at what categories).

edit: went back and read my two posts above and i can see how i DID ask for a separate category for motorcycles...but that wasnt really what i wanted...i was hoping they could be folded back into the main categories as mentioned although i was thinking that if the HAD to be separated from there perhaps they could be in their own category. on later reflection its obvious there arent enough posted to really justify that so but i just hate to see them lumped in with this "other" stuff when they are much more connected to CARS than to what gets posted here (to me "other" in this context should be ships planes trains star wars spaceships military etc, in other words non automotive related.

end edit

and to get back to harry about why i would want to be here if i dont like it...please, star, dont think i dont like it here. if i didnt i would not be here simple as that. i find this site very very interesting and always find inspiration here. its just that all this segmentation means i miss a lot because i dont have time to go through 30 subforums. but thats just me maybe. so i wasnt asking that the whole thing be rethought and/or redone, just a simple request that motorcycles be moved back to the normal top layer of forums. and to those who say its all about model cars, ok...what about the rebuilt die-cast TRUCKS (not pickup trucks which no one would confuse with a real TRUCK anyhow but i digress) featured fairly regularly in the magazine itself along with all the other non-car material there?

anyway its just funny how some people react to simple requests. all i can say is: serenity now (insanity later). good grief.

Edited by jbwelda