Model Cars Magazine Forum

Older kit, bought it from a swap meet for $2! Painted Testor's one coat green, Duplicolor metallic gray for the graphics, and cheap walmart black on the bottom. All covered in Testor's clear.

IMG_6087-vi.jpg

The tool box is scratch-built, I tinted the rear windows, and built the exhaust to look like a large aftermarket diesel style. The tear graphics were created by ripping pieces of masking tape.

IMG_6085-vi.jpg

Interior recieved a black-wash and a scratch-built coke can. The dash was detail painted.

IMG_6082-vi.jpg

Looks great and I love the colors you chose. However, personally I think the graphics you tried to do aren't as good as they could be. I think it would have looked better if you would have done the "tear" effect to both the black and the green. Right now it looks a bit like the clearcoat is worn off from over the black (perhaps a silver would have stood out better).

I understand what you are saying. However, the reason I did not make the green "tear" was because this body style chevy truck has a pronounced crease on top of the door/fender/bed. I used this as a line to mask off of, and I decided a regular two-tone with straight lines would not "fit" the truck right. The "tear" allowed me to run the gray on top of the dually fenders and in my mind even out the paint scheme. I will try to get some better pictures in the sunlight soon, I think what you see as worn off clear is glare from the lighting I was using.

Thanks for the comments everyone!