Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Chevelle bracket car

Decided to build a budget bracket racer. I added a vinyl top with trim made out of half round and texture created by appling "mist coats" of semi-gloss black shot from a distance. The paint is Testor's fathom green with clear. I made the rear windows out of clear sheet plastic.

IMG_6052-vi.jpg

Under the hood, I removed the inner fenders to save weight. I used the kits big-block but added the air cleaner and valve cover breather. I also built the panel that runs between the grill and radiator.

IMG_6044-vi.jpg

The hood is resin, painted white to look like a fiberglass one that was just installed. Front bumper was painted silver to look like painted fiberglass unit as well. Chevelles are heavy! Wheels and tires from the parts box.

IMG_6053-vi.jpg

On the inside I omitted the back seats, passenger seat, and console. I added a racing seat, steering wheel, helmet, nitrous, rollbar, and tach. You can also see time cards hanging on the glove box.

IMG_6049-vi.jpg

That's beautiful Chevelle! Everything looks very good in it, especially the paint job is smooth and shiny. I like the BMF work too, and those burnt rubbers on rear quarter panels. Engine detailing is very nice too. B)

• 3 weeks later...