Model Cars Magazine Forum

Third Gen Camaro Pro Touring

Pullin Gears

Nicknamed "orange slice." Paint scheme was inspired after a 1:1 magazine car. Testor's gloss black over Testor's one step orange all buried in clear.

IMG_6007-vi.jpg

Interior recieved Corvette sun visors and seats. I built and paint-matched a roll bar. White Hurst shifter is a pin. I also painted the guages to look "white faced." The dash was smoothed and painted gloss black. Custom platform was built for the amp and flocked with a bowtie shape within it.

IMG_5997-vi.jpg

For the drivetrain I did the ever popular LS1 swap, taken from a Revell Corvette with a parts box 5-speed trans. mated to it.The engine bay was smoothed, AC-delete, strut bar made out of paper clips, corvette overflow tank was used. I modified a parts box cold air kit to fit the core support. I used the stock Corvette exhaust manifolds but "heat wrapped" them with colored masking tape.

IMG_6003-vi.jpg

Wheels are Pegasus chrome T's. Corvette rotors were adapted to the stock Camaro rear. The door handles were shaved.IMG_5995-vi.jpg