Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram/Revell Big T/Tub/Deuce?

Hello fellow Model Car Magazine members.

I decided it's about time I build one of the legendary Revell/Monogram "Big" kits, so I would like to ask you fellow MCM members for a review or any information regarding these kits.

Right now I can only locate a Big Tub at a reasonable price so I am primarily looking for a review of this kit.

Hopefully Revell will re-release the other 2 "Big" kits so feel free to give your input on either of these 3 kits.

Thanks.

Hey Andrey....

Scroll down to the Big Boyz Section....

There are a few nice buidups there of the big scale kits....

I'm sure the builders would be happy to talk to you about any problems they had during the build process...

You can send me an email about the availability of the other kits if you like...

Later, Bill..

Hopefully Revell will re-release the other 2 "Big" kits so feel free to give your input on either of these 3 kits.

They are all nice kits, with plenty of detailing potential. The engine block/trans are molded as halves, and the parts count isn't as high as what most would think for a 1/8 scale kit, but they still build up into nice models, even box stock.

The Big Deuce and Big T have both been re-issued a few times (at least twice for each) in the last decade plus, and the Golden T is still the cheapest kit to find. I don't know that we'll ever see the Big Drag or Big Rod reissued, though.

Thanks for the feedback.

I just searched through all pages in Big Boyz section and couldn't find any pictures of Big Tubs.

As for de-chroming, I guess it's a good thing I am not a fan of chrome :)

If anyone can, please post some pictures. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again.

pretty far from out-of-box, but heres a big tub i did a few years ago:

profilefromrightfrontloql0.jpg

basically the same kit as the Big T, some different parts most notably the four cycle fenders and probably some misc stuff too but same frame, running gear etc. though the reissues of the big T as well as the big Tub have some special parts not included in the original issues (not positive about that with the Tub though...but for sure the Big T reissue had a lot of upgrades and options than the original or subsequent reissues).

Edited by jbwelda

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The most recent reissue of the 1/8 scale Revell (originally designed by Monogram) Big Tub kit is molded in orange, black, white, and silver, this kit also features plenty of chrome-plated parts, six very nice semi-soft vinyl tires, a huge decal sheet, and plenty of optional parts.

I don't see the cycle fenders though. Are they not in the box?

They are inside the body shell in the second picture. I didn't have a clear detail shot of them, so that's the only place they appear. Ditto for the white-molded seats, interior tub, and both roof/top pieces.

• 2 weeks later...