Model Cars Magazine Forum

2005 Ford GT

Platerpants

Just got this in the mail today. Its the AMT Johnny Lightning Ford GT. I want to do it as retro as i can. Its gonna be a member of the shelby blue crew although its just an svt. For my birthday (14 days from now) my moms getting me amazon gift cards and im gonna buy the revell 1/25 Ford GT40 thats been on amazon waiting for a year or more. As always this will be a quick build.securedownload-2.jpg

rustoleum is horrible paint! if im using rattle cans i always use krylon, it dries fast, sands an polishes easy and i rarely have a problem with it.....rustoleum takes too long to dry....... you can fix it tho, we have confidence in ya!

the interior is lookin nice!

cheers

bryan

rustoleum is horrible paint! if im using rattle cans i always use krylon, it dries fast, sands an polishes easy and i rarely have a problem with it.....rustoleum takes too long to dry....... you can fix it tho, we have confidence in ya!

the interior is lookin nice!

cheers

bryan

thanks. but now i have like 10 ounches of rustolium which doesnt even like the plastic. any idea how to get rid of it? ive heard purple power. What is it?

1014121116a.jpg1014121116.jpgwell bad news for me, the rustoleum melted scars into the body. and days of removing the paint left the body weak and handling it cracked the roof. So i said scrap the body. if you have a body and willing to give it to me ive learned my lesson about rustoleum its getting testors. My birthday is the 18th (4 days from now) so think of it as a birthday present. I know thats called begging butthis body is to badly hurt for me to fix it. Edited by Platerpants

Too bad on the other body Jake.

I don't know about that kit, never seen it before.

Let us know.

Good progress so far man.

Just hang in there, it'll all work out.

Corey

thanks aparently it an old aurora kit but i cant even find instructions or parts pictures of it online.

well the body is coated in thick wall primer(problock) and the flat black to show where its lower i sanded most of it flat and will have to carve in the body lines again to save the original body for a ratrod or something. my brother wants the body to destroy it (hes a ford hating mopar nut). so the new body will be sapphire blue and the old body if ever save is gonna be flat black.

Yes, the real, original GT40 is a lot smaller than the repop. Also, that particular kit portrays the early, MkI pointy nose,

1964%20Ford%20GT40%20Mk1_4.jpg

Rather than the later, longer MkI nose that looks more like the repop.....

1968_Ford_GT40Mk1Gulf2.jpg

thanks i was wondering where the nose was from from what i heard everyone said the nose was too stubby glad to know it actually existed