Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fastest Street Legal Car In The World For Sale!

I'm guessing not street legal in all 50 states...just sayin...

Its quoted as the "worlds" fastes street car.

I'm know what your saying, I just think its funny that people will label things like this, because around here, most streets top out at about 35mph. I havent found a car yet that wont beat that lol

This guy usually stays here where I stay for the ocean city cruise weekend. This explains why I am not seeing it here this year. In person, this car just looks insane, and yes, it is LOUD. He does drive it up and down coastal highway, so it is streetable. I will see if I can find out who did the paint. Ill also try To upload some of the pics I have of it once I get home. The owner was telling me alot about the car and was really pleasant To talk To.

that's Rod Saboury ride, or was. he has built some wild pro streeters. mostly vettes. the first one i ever saw of his was some stupidly low milage concourse 63 split window vette. he build a completely new frame, blown motor, and interior and took the body off the concourse vette and dropped it on his frame. google his name and take a look at some of his stuff. here is an article on this particuar vette.

http://radicalcorvettes.com/rod-sabourys-1963-corvette-sting-ray/

I think that's very cool. Even if the paint job is not my taste, but otherwise really cool Vette.

My opinion is, that we have seen a lot of Factory Stock (or at least almost Factory Stock) Corvettes from '63-'67. They look all the same, or at least pretty much the same so little difference is not bad thing. As long as the body is pretty much factory stock looking, I mean that there are no any kinds of things that can't be returned back to normal easily, like fender widenings, it's all good in this kind of vehicle.

Not wanting to start a fight, not trying to say that my opinion is the right one or anything like that, just wanted to let you know what I think. ;)

Edited by W-409

I'm guessing a lap time would include a trip to the gaurs rail, or over the side of a very tall hill, she doesn't look like she would turn on a dime...

Ya know, if you wanted to look into that car, I would say its not street legal at all, I thought one common law stated your exhaust had to exit behing the passenger area? That one sure doesn't.

i am sure if stopped by any diligent police officer, that officer could find one or more infractions of the vehicle code. just because it got licensed for use on the street doesnt mean its necessarily legal for street use. i would assume there is some part of actual 63 vette they got numbers for so it wasnt a purely manufactured car, and just gets registered as a 63 corvette. its up to the forces of right on the street to make sure it runs legal...and this one clearly isnt in california for more than one obvious reason, but it doesnt look to be registered in california.

i just know if you drive this thing across nevada and/or utah on interstate 80, the main road, i would be willing to bet you would collect some tickets just trying to cruise along at a decent clip. and if you hardly even stepped on it at all in the presence of LE you would be opening your wallet pretty good at the next town.

My best friend built a v8 toyota pick up, 44" tsl's, open headers. Man that was fun.

No where close to street legal, but he had it license for the street because it was cheaper then an ORV tag to take it to the sand dunes.

I can't remember how many time he went round and round with the ORV sherif, because it wasnt licensed for off road, but it wasn't street legal to be tabbed. That was almost as fun as th truck it's self.

I bet that sucker is a handful in the rain...

I'm sure it would only take a slightly competent officer to find something not legal on it. I got pulled over for having window tint on the bottom of my windshield, the officer explained to me anything on the hood like a scoop or a blower or anything on the lower windshield was illegal.

It has Street Rod plates. It may scrape by with that classification. I live near Austin, Texas, in one of the toughest counties for emissions testing...unless it's 25 years old or older. Then, no test. I could remove the cats from my '88 Mustang next year, if I wanted to.

I think you guys are reading a bit too far into the "street legal" thing. You ever open Hot Rod Magazine and see coverage of the fastest "street car" shoot out they do every year? The point is, yes they are indeed registered and fully comply with local laws but it's more of a classification for drag racing purposes to compete in this category or type of event where they are forced (at times) to drive over the road to various venues for the event. Many of these cars are quite capable of street driving contrary to the belief of some. Technology has come a long way, especially with the use of turbocharging. I've not seen this particular car before, but from reading about the cars and event for years I'd say it's entirely possible this car can cruise around fairly well if built for it. Remember, with the use of turbocharging a thousand or two horsepower is common now while retaining rather civil driving manners and dare I say even fuel economy.