Model Cars Magazine Forum

MCM #171 Bud Lefevre

I just wanted to say I recognized those cars on the cover right off the bat and thought "what the?".

It was nice to see them and read about Bud in MCM again. I think it's really cool that though most

people forget the ones no longer with us, MCM honored Bud Lefevre and brought thoughts of our

friend again into our minds.

I had the pleasure of knowing Bud personally and have been to his dinner table and his workbench.

Bud left an impression on so many of us, probably even more of you that didn't know him..you saw

his killer hot rods and drag car models at Toledo NNL for many years. I only got the privelage to see

them in person a couple of times before he passed. I live in Omaha, Nebraska , so getting to Ohio

costs a bunch and is 12 hours one way.

Well I am not trying to be sappy, nor do I claim any fame to having known him....I just want to give

props for keeping Bud's memory alive!

Bud gave me one of his projects, a 1/16 scale '55 Chevy drag car that he was scratchbuilding the

chassis and wheels for. One of these days I am going to finish it for him. He sold a replica '56 Nomad

of Randall Klein's drag wagon and had it dropped at my house on the way to him to ensure any loose

parts could be put back on and then I could deliver to Randall myself. Well..the car had a bunch of

parts come off and some broke HAH! I tell ya what....I felt very "cool" to be able to take HIS work to

my bench and repair it. I don't take credit for the results, but it's something I won't forget...

Just taking a seat outside NNL

ghismoneyattheswapmeethaahvivi-vi.jpg

Here is the Nomad if anyone would like to see it.

http://public.fotki.com/drasticplasticsmcc/1/2/finished-models/1/bud-lefevres-nomad-/

I have not posted in a long time, but I felt this must be said and applauded...thanks MCM!

Feel free to share memories and photos...I would love to see them.

Here is 2011 trip for GSL and with the great people of Detroit the club elected me to take the Nova to have it put into the museum. I'm very honor of this great trip and also having Steve Perry there and ask'ed him to join me for this photo.222224_1875360337527_4165943_n.jpg

BUD AND GINGER AND RICK GRIFFIN WOULD RIDE UP FROM TOLEDO ONE HOUR TO JOIN OUR MODEL CLUB, THE DMCC (DOWNRIVER MODEL CAR CLUB) IN DEARBORN, MI. BUD ALWAYS HAD A MODEL CAR THAT HE WORKED ON THAT WAS KILLER IN DETAIL. HE HAD GREAT STUFF FOR SALE ALSO! WE MISS YA BUD R.I.P. BUDDY.