Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Up In Smoke" 64 Chevy Impala

Car Crazy 81

I was going through my collection i'd came across an old Revell 64 Impala that i had and one car came to mind when i was watching "Texas Car Wars" when Rodriquez Rod And Cycle was replicating Cheech's Love Machine for a customer.

Edited by Car Crazy 81

Very cool! ive been thinkin about building this one for along time, but never got around to it......i would also like to do the ice cream truck from "nice dreams"

keep it goin, im lookin forward to more of this. if i can help with any questions about the weathering let me know.... not that im an expert or anything, but its pretty much the way i build everything......

cheers

bryan

The "Love Machine" is on my to do list. I look forward to seeing how your build comes out. I remember someone posting his "Love Machine" build on this forum or another forum. A helpful tip from that build was that he used small plastic beads from a craft store for the red dingle balls.

• 3 years later...

I pulled this build back out of hibernation after being stashed away for 4 years due to no inspiration. Last week i painted the body with Mr. Spray Chestnut Brown.

I masked off the body painted the drivers door with Rust Oleum Harbor Blue, brushpainted the primer spots with Tamiya Liquid Surface Primer and sprayed Testors Dullcote to give it that flat, dull look.

• 1 month later...