Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Car Kit Releases

fastram

Well...

The '57 Ford and Corvette were forgone conclusions.

The '57 Chevy convertible....I still don't know why it took so long for anyone to make one of those in plastic, but I'm glad they did. I'm in for one.

I'm not a huge E-body fan, but that 'Cuda could probably be interesting, especially if they do a 340-powered one down the road.

I really want one of the Mercury wagons. I do hope they'll drop a flathead into it, though. That Cadillac engine is just wrong for an otherwise stock car. Heck, even a Flattie with triple 97s would be okay with me. And yes, to answer someone else's question, the Ford and Mercury block are externally identical.

The Mustang LX coupe is a cool, and very bold, move- not being a GT. I think a lot of people are going to be happy with that. I'll probably grab one. I'd like to see them do a convertible that can be built as an LX or a GT (different wheels and glue-on cladding.) There's a certain black/black/gray '89 GT convertible and a beautiful girl two years ahead of me in high school that brings back many fond memories. I can't help but wonder if she still has it....I'll let you all ponder in what way I mean "has it." ;)

Moebius' chocie for a '71 Ford pickup is interesting. That's a highly-desired design generation. There used to be a blue somewhere around that model year truck down the road from me. It, and the nice little house that it lived at, are now gone, replaced by small-size McMansions.

2013 is a good year already.

Charlie Larkin

Charlie Larkin

Are they? I haven't seen any at my local shops, I'm gonna have to put the order in. Thanks for the heads up James.

Well they may not be in shops, but they are dime a dozen on eBay and at swap meet/shows. This kit has been reissued a number of times since Miami Vice was on T.V. back in the 80's and has never been particularly popular due to it being a model of the T.V. car which wasn't an actual Ferrari Daytona but a kit car on a Corvette chassis.

Edited by niteowl7710

SAWEEEEEEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll be getting at least two Mustang LX'S, two Reher Morrison Camaros, a Renwal Army wrecker and a couple others!!!!!!! That was a very wise chocie bringing that Reher Morrison Camaro back! That thing always goes for a lot of money!

Well they may not be in shops, but they are dime a dozen on eBay and at swap meet/shows. This kit has been reissued a number of times since Miami Vice was on T.V. back in the 80's and has never been particularly popular due to it being a model of the T.V. car which wasn't an actual Ferrari Daytona but a kit car on a Corvette chassis.

Oh man I've had no luck on ebay trying to grab one. I've gotten out bid every time. I'll try and look for a buy it now next time. You know I remember back in the 80s when this kit did come out to it was always marked down low at Longs Drugs for like 5 or 6 bucks where every other kits was going for 9 or 10 lol I never particularly cared for the car but man those spoke rims were always nice for other projects.