Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2013 Car Kit Releases

fastram

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it stated anywhere this kit is going to be all-plastic...ditto for the '77 T/A. I think we're going to get unassembled kits with die-cast bodies for these two, just like before.

Roger Harney of Revell told me at Toledo that these two kits are being reworked to have plastic bodies.

I don't know if Revell has released these dates officially or not, but Tower Hobbies has updated release dates for some of the 2013 releases, so feel free to debate. ^_^

'92 Mustang LX 5.0L 2'n1 - Late February

'72 MV Daytona Spyder - Late February

'86 Miami Vice Ferrari Testarossa - Late March

'70 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda - Late March

'57 Chevy convertible - June 2013

'77 Trans Am - April 2013

Reher-Morrison '83 Camaro Pro Stock - June 2013

'49 Mercury Wagon - May 2013

Miss Deal Studebaker Funny Car - June 2013

Revell 1/25 '55 Jukebox Ford Pro Mod Apr 2013

Revell 1/25 Royal '66 Pontiac GTO w/Figure Late Feb

Revell 1/25 '96 Alternomad Caprice TM Late Mar

Revell 1/25 '64 Chevy Impala (Foose) May 2013

Revell 1/25 '67 Dodge Charger 426 Hemi (Foose) Jun 2013

Revell 1/25 '03 Chevy SSR Late Jan

Revell 1/25 '03 Jeep Rubicon Jun 2013

Revell 1/25 '66 Chevelle Station Wagon Late Feb

Revell 1/25 '65 ChevelleTM SSTM 396 Z-16 Apr 2013

Revell 1/25 '69 CamaroTM ZL-1 May 2013

Revell 1/24 '53 Corvette Roadste Late Jan

Revell 1/25 '05 Dodge Magnum SRT8 Apr 2013

Me thinks those dates on the new tools (Mustang & Cuda) are wildly optimistic.

Yeah, who knows...it may end up like last fall's new tool announcements---nothing shows up until the 4th quarter. I just marked 'em as '2013' on my to-purchase spreadsheet, they will show up whenever they show up...

Edited by Rob Hall

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it stated anywhere this kit is going to be all-plastic...ditto for the '77 T/A. I think we're going to get unassembled kits with die-cast bodies for these two, just like before.

Roger Harney of Revell told me at Toledo that these two kits are being reworked to have plastic bodies.

That sounds like a correction to me. -_- Thanks for the info, Don. :)

Anybody know what carb air cleaner the 57 Chev will have?

I don't think Revell has shown a tooling mock up of this kit yet...though someone on one of the forums said it might have a 'batwing' air cleaner ---not sure what this is, looks like it has two filter elements?

sucp_0706_06_z1957_chevy_150engine.jpg

The police versions could still be had with the ten hole wheels but you are correct that for a stock open market LX the wheels are incorrect.

That's great that the kit is correct for a police optioned '92. And, if one has a desire to go with a civilian version, you're just a wheel swap away from being correct for a 91-93, and a steering wheel swap away from 87-90. And those parts are all in kits. So this kit can easily be stretched.,

I think that the set-up for twin 4bbl's. Be great if they release it with this set-up. Can't recall if this set-up has ever been done before in a plastic kit.

Hears hoping this is how they'll release it.

Someone probably already posted, but this air cleaner set-up is the one that was in the AMT Pro Shop '57 Chevy Bel-Air kit.

Could you even get a 6 in the Bel air? Only ever seen them with 8's. I'm happy it isn't the fuelie engine as that has been kitted before and is pretty rare. The single/ dual 4 bbl setup is a far better representation of the majority of these cars

Yup any engine was available with any model, a 150 could have a fulie, and bel airs had 6cyl. The vin does not specify the engine it came with, so restorers often put v8s in cars that originally had 6s.

Yup any engine was available with any model, a 150 could have a fulie, and bel airs had 6cyl. The vin does not specify the engine it came with, so restorers often put v8s in cars that originally had 6s.

Actually, the VIN does identify V8 cars. The number will start with a "V" on V8 cars.

Here's the Factory ID guide showing how the read the VIN (originally calles Serial Number)

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/57011.htm

It was done in the AMT upgrade 57 Chevy. It is a dual oil bath batwing air cleaner.

It was in the 1/24 Monogram '56 Chevy at one point, too...I think the molded in turquoise issue? Not sure how well that triangular air cleaner (if that's the same one?) would translate to 1/25 scale, though.

Wouldn't the '57 Convertible have the same setup as the BelAir? The kit already exists, they're just "cutting" the roof off. Beyond the required convertible parts I wouldn't expect much new.

True, but who knows..maybe they are including some extras for differentiation. Since they haven't shown a tooling mockup, it's all just random speculation at this point...

Edited by Rob Hall