Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

the test shot hood does look "over-done" with exaggerated proportions , but it *is* simply a prototype . Who knows ; maybe it's done like that on purpose ? Perhaps Revell took paint-thickness into consideration ?

Given the current direction that Revell has taken with its new(est) products , I'm going to give them the benefit-of-the-doubt regarding the massaging of the hood's proportions :) .

Take a close look at the hood on this 'cuda........now look at the hood shown in the test shots and try to tell me its anywhere near correct....

Let the bashing begin, lol. I dont think it looks that bad. The pic on here is a bit fuzzy tho. This is, however, a test shot. so alot can change.

Friends, you have to remember, this is a test shot, how many test shots of the Hudson & Chrysler 300 C did we see before they hit the shelves, & it was a lot longer than 8 0r 9 months, this is why we shouldn't bash a kit, or the time frame until we see the finished product in our hot little hands, a lot can change before we actually see a finished product. I for one can put up with a few delays if they are going to address a few problems in the meantime.

Friends, you have to remember, this is a test shot, how many test shots of the Hudson & Chrysler 300 C did we see before they hit the shelves, & it was a lot longer than 8 0r 9 months, this is why we shouldn't bash a kit, or the time frame until we see the finished product in our hot little hands, a lot can change before we actually see a finished product. I for one can put up with a few delays if they are going to address a few problems in the meantime.

Ditto, I prefer to not pass judgement till I see the final version in person.

But what I can see is the rear portion of the hood bulge is to tall and to squared off at the back end.

edit

I'll add in here,

If the hood is the only flaw in it, (and so far thats the only glaring fault I see ) I'll still be tickled pink and do the happy dance when it arrives .

If Aoshima wants to compete - take this and run with and do a 1971 Cuda or a 1971 Challenger and go head to head with it on sales potential . An accruate 1/25th scale 1971 Challenger could easily eclipse a 1970 Cuda kit

Edited by gtx6970

I truly hope that if there's any tweaking to be done (all indications point to there being very few), that Revell do so and not slack off and let things slide. I can still distinctly remember Revell's second "attempt" at this kit back in 2007, and I was very disappointed when the model went on sale as I saw the test shot at the New Jersey NNL. Nary an error was fixed, and when I pointed out the obvious errors to the rep there------------all I got was an "Oh Well."

My hats off to Revell for FINALLY getting this kit right from all appearances! :D

I truly hope that if there's any tweaking to be done (all indications point to there being very few), that Revell do so and not slack off and let things slide. I can still distinctly remember Revell's second "attempt" at this kit back in 2007, and I was very disappointed when the model went on sale as I saw the test shot at the New Jersey NNL. Nary an error was fixed, and when I pointed out the obvious errors to the rep there------------all I got was an "Oh Well."

My hats off to Revell for FINALLY getting this kit right from all appearances! :D

That's where the fine line between critiquing a test shot and bashing a kit comes in. I mean look, the Hudson was put on a spit and roasted here, and the end result was much better for it. Saying something sucks to be ultra-uber nit-picky is one thing, but pointing out obvious flaws in something, and hopefully having the producing company fix them before the kit goes into production is a vital part of the consumer-producer interaction.

If everyone sees something wrong, but never says anything about it, then they have no right to critique the end result.

I figure that's the case. Factory inspired aftermarket hood. Regardless not a deal breaker. I even plan to build one of these! Pro touring... with Chevy power!

Noooo...Chevy engine in a Mopie is soo wrooooong.. :)

For a Pro Touring build, I'm leaning towards using the 6.1 Hemi from the Magnum SRT or the Challenger SRT.

Not much to add that hasn`t already been said, except it is hard to believe we have a *completely* new tool from a subject that was already kitted twice before. Unless my eyes deceive me, even the wheels are new? Nice too see Revell put all that effort into getting it right. Can`t wait to get my hands on a few.

Great job by Revell on the body proportions, the hood looks like it can be fixed easily enough, and the resin casters are sure to offer up a corrected version. I haven't built a perfect kit yet, they all have something that needs attention, and this one looks at least on par with the imported kits.

-MJS

I'm probably going to grab one of these just for the support. E-bodies aren't really my thing and Hemi-everything is a little overdone to me, but I do like what I'm seeing with this kit...

Charlie Larkin

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe I'll fill the hole in the bonnet, paint the thing sad-and-lonely-gold-metallic and install a leftover Lindberg Slant Six.

Let the bashing begin, lol. I dont think it looks that bad. The pic on here is a bit fuzzy tho. This is, however, a test shot. so alot can change.

Actually it began a few days ago when I made the same comment in the Toledo thread and nobody noticed....... ;)

Edited by slantasaurus

Question on the kit: I know the car body is correct for the '70 Cuda (no "shark" gills, yay!), but will it have gills included in the parts set to put them back on for a more accurate '71? I'm thinking no, since I also don't see a '71 grille in the kit either.

Revell might sell more of these if they added a small-block to the kit; it could recreate a 273, 318, 340 or 360 with a few minor visible changes (a Slant Six is available in the Lindberg Belvedere or Coronet kits). A transmission option would be nice, too. And I would imagine that it should not be too difficult to add optional rear ends to this kit, too; some might be already available in other Revell kits. But I do hope that "we" don't go beating Revell if a particular detail isn't exactly perfect yet. Granted, this kit has been long awaited and "they" have had a lot of time to research and prep, but I don't think we're gonna see perfection of any type in any kit from any manufacturer. I'll buy the kit, foibles, flaws, faults and all. Thank you, Revell (and Tim Boyd).