Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

The 340 6 pak is as easy as robbing an AMT Duster kit, just say'in.

The only problem with using the engine you've mentioned , at least right-out-of-the-box , is that a/c compressor !

The "Street Machine" version has the non-a/c pulleys and belt , but not the regular kit

(you hear this , Round2 ? Next release of this kit should include both setups ; the "standard" one with a/c , and the "custom" one with just the H2O pump / crank / alternator arrangement).

johnbuzzed is right ; let's see this kit with transmission options as well as differential options , please :) .

johnbuzzed is right ; let's see this kit with transmission options as well as differential options , please :) .

The pattern for Revell is to start with the most visible, popular, recognizable version of the particular model year in question, so they're starting with a '70 Hemi 'Cuda 4-speed with a Dana rearend. No shock there.

Is an 8-3/4 rear going to appear in the future in a "lesser" version? I kind of doubt it, if the '69 and '68 Chargers and Darts are any indication of what we can expect. Yes, the Dart included an 8-3/4" rear from the get-go, but the '70 Hemi 'Cuda won't, so it would need to be a new part. Ditto for a bench seat, column shifter, Slant Six, plain "flat" hood, or any type of stock hubcap. I could see steel wheels, dog dish hubcaps, and a Go-Wing in a future modified reissue ('71 Hemi 'Cuda hardtop or convertible?), and I can easily see an AAR down the road, providing the much needed Mopar small block (and maybe a single carb'ed 340 as the second build option), but I don't see any '72-'74 variants being done by Revell.

One of the nice things about this announcment is, original 1970 Issues will start coming out of the woodwork.

Fortunately, I only have the one or two and I'll think I'll just keep them . ( I've got less than the price of a new kit in them anyway)

Revell might sell more of these if they added a small-block to the kit; it could recreate a 273, 318, 340 or 360 with a few minor visible changes (a Slant Six is available in the Lindberg Belvedere or Coronet kits). A transmission option would be nice, too. And I would imagine that it should not be too difficult to add optional rear ends to this kit, too; some might be already available in other Revell kits. But I do hope that "we" don't go beating Revell if a particular detail isn't exactly perfect yet. Granted, this kit has been long awaited and "they" have had a lot of time to research and prep, but I don't think we're gonna see perfection of any type in any kit from any manufacturer. I'll buy the kit, foibles, flaws, faults and all. Thank you, Revell (and Tim Boyd).

you can steal the 340 out of the duster kit. its even got the 6 pack option. vynle or decal for the mod top, i am sure we can deal with either. we have plenty of options for this kit, lets just get it on the shelf....... along with a 68 cuda.........

'68 and '69 Cudas would be great, too. I would buy at least one of them for sure.

But I'm really looking forward for this '70 Cuda. Maybe Factory Stock, or maybe Stock Eliminator Drag Racer, who knows, or maybe both. :rolleyes:

So is there really an interest for good and accurate Mod Top pattern decals?

Yes, but I don't think a huge number of them would sell to be honest, considering the Mod/Floral Tops were only available for two model years.

But, yes, I would buy two sets for sure if VRM produced them.

So is there really an interest for good and accurate Mod Top pattern decals?

YES ! Not only the Plymouth pattern , but also the Dodge "Floral Pattern" pattern as well !

I also believe that the plaid "cloth" upholstery and houndstooth upholstery seat insets would be good sellers as well :)

In the 'Cuda kit I see two K members, is the second one lowered for racing or rased for a "donk"?

LOL Craig! I was thinking one for the Hemi, and one for a small block....but the chassis has the 'Hemi only' torque boxes.

I'm really looking forward to this one hitting the shelves, after buying one of each of Revell's prior attempts

Whats with the holes in the dash? Are the gauges a seperate piece?

I suspect a decal printed with the gauge faces will be included, which you will apply to this clear piece...:

...then attach the clear piece to the backside of the instrument cluster.

Are you sure? I thought the Challenger is a 1/24th???

There are two Revell branded '70 Dodge Challenger kits: a 1/24 scale '70 T/A, originally a Monogram kit; and a 1/25 scale '70 T/A and/or R/T, which was based on the 1/25 Revell die-cast model.

There are two Revell branded '70 Dodge Challenger kits: a 1/24 scale '70 T/A, originally a Monogram kit; and a 1/25 scale '70 T/A and/or R/T, which was based on the 1/25 Revell die-cast model.

Thanks I did not know this. I have the 1/24 T/A.

Regards,

joe.

Is the 1/25th marked kit actually a 1/25th scale kit or just a reboxed 1-24th scale body with a different hood ?

Is the 1/25th marked kit actually a 1/25th scale kit or just a reboxed 1-24th scale body with a different hood ?

Read what you quoted... as Casey said, the recent Revell Challenger is ' 1/25 scale '70 T/A and/or R/T, which was based on the 1/25 Revell die-cast model. '