Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod

John Teresi

Hello......this is Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod.......it is not exact but,pretty close?......I started with a "Flash Point" resins body,wheels,tires,scoop and Paul Rowe`s bondo engine.........I opened the doors and cut off the front of the body and made a opening for the battery...... and used all kinds of'Pro Tech" products..... my friend Dave Ryberg AKA "Goat Guy" did the art work for the AWESOME decals and my friend Art Laski printed the decals on his printer......thanks guy`s.......chassis and a ton of parts scratch built......PPG Deltron 2000 DBC silver base coat with fade of H.O.K. kandy purple and a custom mix of Dupont purple with white pearl added and a fine mist of H.O.k. colbalt kandy blue over the kandy purple...... all graphics airbrushed.....wheels and bumper painted alclad.......all small sponsor decals from Slixx......if you would like to see how I built this ......you can go to this link......thanks for looking.

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62063

DSCF4703.jpg

DSCF4684.jpg

DSCF4669-1.jpg

DSCF4677.jpg

DSCF4691.jpg

DSCF4705.jpg

DSCF4700.jpg

John..... this is an AWESOME build brother... especially as quick and nice as you are able to crank out these builds is what blow my mind each and every time... what else is there to say that has not already been said... YOU THE MAN.... ;)

When it comes to realism, you are The Man !

I never know whether to compliment you for you stellar building and painting skills, or the way you handle a camera. The combination of the two provided some fantastically realistic shots. I'm still in love with the Bentley shot on the cover of MCM, but this one is at least it's equal.

John.... I don't know what else to say man. I have loved seeing this build come to life Bud!! Your builds are always great and clean. As I have mentioned to you before, you are one of the many builders who I look up to here. I am looking forward to seeing this build in person. Oh yeah on another note.... one of these days when I make It out to some of the So Cal shows. I seriously want to take some pics of my builds at your famous spot for pics. always love them man. Killer job!! Now I can't wait to see what you will be building next.....

john, are there real pics of this car in here?..........that is sweet! i was honestly confused for a few minutes, some of those shots look so real!

very nice work. how about a couple close shots of the engine please........thanks!

cheers

bryan