Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I can not wait for the Toledo NNL ,October 5th . My wallet may need to sit in the cooler on the way there . :lol:

I think we are in for a ton of different truck versions with this tooling. Nothing but good things for all.

With some minor mods or additions-

1/2 ton

3/4 ton

4x4 truck

tow truck

brush fire truck

rescue truck

utility bed

Just a few that could be use on this truck and others they would choose to make.

Edited by 1930fordpickup

I can not wait for the Toledo NNL ,October 5th . My wallet may need to sit in the cooler on the way there . :lol:

I think we are in for a ton of different truck versions with this tooling. Nothing but good things for all.

With some minor mods or additions-

1/2 ton

3/4 ton

4x4 truck

tow truck

brush fire truck

rescue truck

utility bed

Just a few that could be use on this truck and others they would choose to make.

If Moebius does not offer a 4x4 version, I am sure there will be someone who comes up with a resin conversion kit. I have an extra Midnite Cowboy bed to do a tow truck and Modelhaus has the utility bed. I also have one of the Model King re-issues of the camper & ramp bed kits so besides building a couple of pickup versions of this kit, I am set for 4 more variations!

Must be that PJ Toys, he wants $39.99 for a 1/25 roll bar.

If you read his mile long description with the 40,000 exclamation points you will notice that the prices are justified because he is providing the service of sorting through hundreds of model boxes to find these parts for you. He's doing all the hard work so apparently its a good deal overall because you don't have to do the leg work. Oh and he doesn't combine shipping. So your $39.99 roll bar and $34.99 bumper will cost you two shipping charges.

• 3 weeks later...

Any info on the '69 F-100 that Mobious was supposed to be coming out with in addition to the '71? Also, since the '71 is a "work in progress" still, any new info on release date?

Man, I almost went to Toledo today but it was late in the afternoon and I didn't wanna drive all the way there and be short on time...guess I'll plan on attending next year with some builds!

Thanks for the info and pics guys!

ouch, that price with international shipping - its gonna be pretty expensive for oversea modelers

Can't help on the International Shipping, but for a kit which has correct and full inner non-Flareside bed detail (for the first time ever?) I think an MSRP of $34.99 is just about perfect for an all-new kit, and I'm sure some places will sell it for a few dollars less than MSRP. Wait another year or so after the kit has been released and you'll likely find it for even less.