Model Cars Magazine Forum

In anticipation of Moebius' upcoming Ford trucks...

In case you missed the memo, here ya go...

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=64836

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=64821

I'd given up hope on ever seeing a full detail kit of a Bumpside, so of course I'm walking on sunshine right about now! I've been accused of single-handedly buying enough Moebius Hornet kits to recoup the tooling costs. I'm not sure about that, but I'm thinking in a year or so I'll be accused of doing likewise with these kits.

Until now, the only Bumpside game in town was the crusty old R&R resin kit- with the slab chassis, incorrect ('73-78) dash, lumpy chrome, and ill fitting parts. I built this one a few years ago with the R&R '72 kit. I'd planned to make it into a mild custom, but the overall 'craptastic-ness' of the kit led me to build it as an old farmer's beater truck, the type you still see around central Michigan even today, though most of the trucks are roughly 1985-1995 vintage nowadays.

IMG_59661-vi.jpg

IMG_59671-vi.jpg

IMG_59681-vi.jpg

IMG_59701-vi.jpg

IMG_59711-vi.jpg

I wasn't happy with the original hood ornaments, and was even less pleased with the ones I made from Plastruct, so I eventually did go ahead and foil-copy a set from a C-600 cab. I just sort of obscured the numbers- the C-series and F-series side emblems were identical in appearance- the outer bezel and reflector may in fact be the same exact part in 1:1. I'm not 100% certain of that, but they do look quite a bit alike.

IMG_65061-vi.jpg

Yeah, I know the Moebius kits are at least a year or so off, but so what? I've been pumped up since reading the two posts announcing them, and will be eagerly anticipating their arrival... even though YES, I do have more than enough projects to keep me busy in the meantime!

Edited by Michigan Madman

Chuck, I'm right beside you on these trucks! Check out my walkaround thread and see if I left anything out or got anything wrong....

http://www.modelcars...showtopic=64861

Saw it- information looks complete and accurate! The trucks are sweet, too. B)

I will be lined up to buy multiples of these kits! Now, if there are any resin casters out there, some 4wd conversion parts would be a perfect addition to this offering!

Seeing what Moebius has done with the Hornets (and the relative rapid-fire succession with which each new variant followed the last), I'd not be suprised if they are already planning a 4wd variant. Just speculation on my part, but it woudn't suprise me in the least if such an animal were in the pipeline.

• 7 months later...