Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya Mercedes CLK-GTR

Chillyb1

This is one of Tamiya's kits of the CLK-GTR. I highly recommend this kit to anyone with even a slight interest in such cars. I used Tamiya paints and enhanced the kit with Studio 27's photoetch set, which included and very nice looking windshield wiper and that cool Mercedes star hood ornament.

Special thanks goes out to fellow member FordGuy1984 (Grant) who supplied me with much needed backup decals to complete this project. I had two of these kits and one had perfect decals and the other had useless, fall-apart decals.

Hope you like it.

DSCN2577.jpg

DSCN2582.jpg

DSCN2586.jpg

DSCN2578.jpg

DSCN2589.jpg

More here, if interested:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v230/ChillyB1/Tamiya%20Mercedes%20CLK-GTR/

It's not too late to add the roof antennae.

Good eye, Steve. I'll get around to that one of these days. I was anxious to take pictures because I really, really like this model. Such a cool car. And I'm really pleased with how it came out. Apart from the decal disaster almost nothing gave me a problem with this one. Everything fit perfectly and final assembly offers no kind of resistance.

And thanks for the comments, folks. Go out and get yourselves one of these and you'll be glad you did.