Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wire Wheels for the RM Deuce.......

I know I am not alone in this, but I always thought that the Big Deuce needed a nice set of wires..........these were loosely modeled after the 1935 32 spoke variety.......the rim and center section were 3D printed with the spoke holes in place at the correct angles and all.............032" piano wire was used for the spokes...........the rim is sized to fit the Deuce tire (this being the rear) and the the rear backspacing / offset, as well as the bolt circle matches the steel wheels found in the kit..........the hub cap is a first pass at something appropriate........

IMG_1075-vi.jpg

IMG_1076-vi.jpg

IMG_1223-vi.jpg

Additional images here for those interested.......Deuce Wire Wheel

ajwheels

Wow. Once 3D printing becomes less costly and more widely available, it will REALLY help out the scale model hobby. Imagine if in the future there are no mold-seams, sink-marks, etc. as manufacturers figure out how to create everything with 3D printing! (This, if it can happen, would be well into the future as I imagine the printing process is quite time consuming. But if it can become more readily available, I can see companies setting up multiple 3D printers to print out multiple complete kits on the same printer, and being able to put numeric part numbers in inconspicuous areas via the 3D printer.)