REVELL KIT Mustang driving by Skip

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Does anybody have detail shoots of Skip`s Mustang gasser of its interior? If not does anybody have info about the interior need it doing the model as we speak.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

john,the 12/68 hot rod magazine has a color article with one interior shot. sorry but i dont have a scanner.it shows a bright aluminum floor with a long transmission tunnel buldge.the door is red with a black pleated insert[5 upper/5 lower rectangular panels]. the seats are black vinyl? with high sides and narrow vertical pleats.by the way, the rear end is supported with coil springs/air bags in front and gabriel shocks in the rear all attached to box channel lift bars.hope this helps.

Posted (edited) · Report post

post-4889-0-15093300-1350022342_thumb.jp

This is the chassis (Don Kirby ) IIRC

I don't know if this helps much ; at least it shows you the seats and rollbar, suspension details etc.

Edited by doggie427

Posted · Report post

john,the 12/68 hot rod magazine has a color article with one interior shot. sorry but i dont have a scanner.it shows a bright aluminum floor with a long transmission tunnel buldge.the door is red with a black pleated insert[5 upper/5 lower rectangular panels]. the seats are black vinyl? with high sides and narrow vertical pleats.by the way, the rear end is supported with coil springs/air bags in front and gabriel shocks in the rear all attached to box channel lift bars.hope this helps.

Well that sucks that you have no scanner does it show it having a dashboard? Check ebay they did not have that issue because I would of bought it.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

Hey Walt... if you have a digitial camera you can snap a shot of the page and post it that way. I have done that before myself when I didn't have a scanner.

Posted · Report post

john,google "revell kit mustang gasser" and you will find 33 photos of the revell kit mustang on vince putt's fotki collection. one photo has the interior shot i described, in color.another shot shows the engine and firewall with the back of one gauge.the dash appear to be a short overhang attached to the firewall.

Posted · Report post

I have always loved the graphixs on the 2nd version of this car.

post-377-0-90642500-1350214232_thumb.jpg

post-377-0-64209500-1350214252_thumb.jpg

post-377-0-89337700-1350214272_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Some More Pics

post-377-0-20133800-1350214427_thumb.jpg

post-377-0-49703700-1350214495_thumb.jpg

post-377-0-04297300-1350214509_thumb.jpg

Posted · Report post

Some More Pics

Thanks Len those photos helped alot from the photos it looks like it had no dashboard just like Malco Gasser Mustang thanks again.

John Pol

Posted · Report post

Glad to help John.

Posted · Report post

john,google "revell kit mustang gasser" and you will find 33 photos of the revell kit mustang on vince putt's fotki collection. one photo has the interior shot i described, in color.another shot shows the engine and firewall with the back of one gauge.the dash appear to be a short overhang attached to the firewall.
Thanks for the plug told John where to look 1/2 a dozen times but ....