Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okay guys, now I have a question for you all that I was told by my cousin today when I ask him if I could barrow his chain saw for afew days to cut some firewood. He look at me and told me "I can't lend you the chain saw, or any power type saw as there is a law on that as I just seen it on tv the other night". Now here is the thing, and I know we have some law in enforcement personal on this site. I want to ask this.. is he telling me the truth or he just flat out lieing to me? He told me to ask people online about it as well and to look it up.

Just so you all know alittle about what lend up to this is the other day I asked him if I could barrow his chain saw for afew days to cut wood (Monday Oct 8 2012 , I asked him) and then today (Friday Oct 12 2012 , he tells me this). That he was watching the tv last or the other night and saw where there is a law about people loaning chain saws or any type of power type saw out to anyone. I think he is flat out lieing to me plane and simple. Reason why I say that is because each time I ask him something or about something it seems later that night he sees the same kind of issue on tv about a law on this or that about the said issue.. I find it very very hard to believe about each time. Yea maybe one time once in a blue moon I could say yea he's right.. but each time almost and it's always after we start discussing something or I ask him that he see's a simpler issue of it on tv! I want your input on the issue and I will not have no hard feelings at all either.

Edited by zerodude

He just being nice and does not want to lend you the Chain Saw.... has for the lying....i don't know..perhaps he don't want to hurt your feelings....or yourself...

Good Luck....

Edited by XJ6

I think it would be a liability issue. If he lends you a saw or any dangerous tool, and you hurt yourself with it he could be liable for the damages. I have not however, heard of such an actual law.

Now that I can fully understand. All he has to do is just come out and say "Jim, I am not going to lend you the saw due to liability issues" but to make up stuff.. and now with this suppose law he speaks about that he claims he saw on tv (just after we spoke the other day). I really like to know if one does exist or not.

Seriously ? What about letting you barrow $100 bucks to buy a chain saw. Would that be legal?

Yep, I'm being seriously.

About the question you asked me, he would probably say that he also seen on tv (Just after you ask him about that) about a law about that as well that he seen and heard on tv knowing him! LOL

Are you accident prone or careless? Have you shown an inability to handle power tools in the past? Maybe he doesn't want you to get hurt or mess up his saw. Chainsaws are no joke, even if you know what you are doing they are extremely dangerous. As to whether there is a law or not I can't say but he could be held liable if you hurt yourself or someone else and he gave you the saw, especially if you are under age.

Edited by Fat Brian

I think he is blowing smoke up your rear end to be honest

Edit

I did a google search and in the state of PA, you can loan your handgun or any other weapon to some one that has permit, so just thinking here, if you can loan out your gun, then you can loan out a chain saw

I know a gun is different the a power tool (chain saw) but I would think that a if a power tool were to have a ban on being loaned, so would fire arms, just using some common sense here

You are being lied too, and BTW, no law is coming up in search on power tools

Edited by martinfan5

As in to what people on here says about him. Because I know sometimes family members gets mad at people when people talks about there family members. That's why I said what I did for so everyone on here knows I will not get upset.

No hard feelings.

Fillings is what you have in your teeth.

Are you accident prone or careless? Have you shown an inability to handle power tools in the past? Maybe he doesn't want to to get hurt or mess up his saw. Chainsaws are no joke, even if you know what you are doing they are extremely dangerous. As to whether there is a law or not I can't say but he could be held liable if you hurt yourself or someone else and he gave you the saw, especially if you are under age.

I'm not careless, I have not shown a inability to handling power tools at all in the past or even now. I work with using power tools along side all my friends mostly.. including chain saw's as well. I know chainsaws are no joke at all and very dangerous as well and serious stuff can happen with them when a person doesn't handle them right or when they get snag or hit something. As for my age I am 32 years old.

I'm not careless, I have not shown a inability to handling power tools at all in the past or even now. I work with using power tools along side all my friends mostly.. including chain saw's as well. I know chainsaws are no joke at all and very dangerous as well and serious stuff can happen with them when a person doesn't handle them right or when they get snag or hit something. As for my age I am 32 years old.

I'm just asking, there are some young guys here. It honestly sounds like a bunch of mess to me, you might need to just ask someone else.

I think he is blowing smoke up your rear end to be honest

Edit

I did a google search and in the state of PA, you can loan your handgun or any other weapon to some one that has permit, so just thinking here, if you can loan out your gun, then you can loan out a chain saw

I know a gun is different the a power tool (chain saw) but I would think that a if a power tool were to have a ban on being loaned, so would fire arms, just using some common sense here

You are being lied too, and BTW, no law is coming up in search on power tools

That's what I'm thinking as well, even my wife agrees with us as well that he is blowing smoke is all.