Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 #31 Corvette Daytona -68

Hi

This is the Monogram kit wich I tried to look like the #31 racecar from Daytona in1968.

My refs is mainly from the outside so the interior and under the hood is from refs that

I belived could be right.

The decals is custom made by a modelling friend.

Thomas

100_3840.jpg

100_3841.jpg

100_3851.jpg

100_3856.jpg

100_3862.jpg

100_3864.jpg

100_2977.jpg

100_2979.jpg

That is really nice!! And different! Where did you get the wheels?

Hi David

A few years ago we were in contact regarding this wheels and model, I must admit that I forgot wich kit they came from,

it must be from the chevy -57 or the Camaro 69. I drilled out the centers of the rims, but the they are not correct for this car

but they was close enough for me.

Thanks for looking :-)

Thomas

Hmm. Didn't know that they used a 1967 Corvette for the Daytona in '68. Very nice build! Got one going myself. Just waiting for a replacement can of gloss clear coat to come in from automotivetouchup.com. The second can I was using malfunctioned and the can just let out a fountain of spray all over my arms, gloved hands, and parts of the car. Had to sand down the clear coat which actually turned out okay and called the company to tell them what happened. It's the second time I've gotten a bad can, and once more, they proficiently apologized to me and have a replacement on its way. A great company for paint.

Anyway, again, great looking build, especially the engine compartment!