Model Cars Magazine Forum

'59 Simca Vedette Gasser

W-409

I started building this Simca little over year ago, and finished it yesterday. It was built using Air Trax Simca Vedette body and Revell Miss Deal Studebaker chassis. I had to narrow the chassis to make it fit, I also had to add some more length to the front of the frame. Some other little modifications were needed too to get axles fit right.

Engine is from Miss Deal Studebaker, too. Of course it's Blower Powered. :lol: The injector (or what it is called) is scratchbuilt from sheet styrene and headers are made from solder, otherwise that engine is pretty much Studebaker parts, except for added details. Engine mounts etc. are scratchbuilt, too.

Interior has roll cage built from Miss Deal's cage (only the rear part of it was used) and plastic tubing. Steering parts are modified from the Studebaker kit. I added some extra equipment like tachometer and handbrake handle etc.

Body is painted with Metallic red and the top is Maston Gold. Clearcoat turned out so good that there were only little polishing reguired to get it look good. BMF was easy to do too. I don't know what else should I say, but ask questions if you want to hear some more information about this.

21_zps605c25c0.jpg

22_zps6df52687.jpg

23_zps2ac15dd8.jpg

24_zps49e80ab7.jpg

25_zps5d3d1a2f.jpg

Few More:

26_zpsba7ea781.jpg

27_zps0a06080d.jpg

28_zps898ab1d6.jpg

210_zps6ab83f3d.jpg

211_zps4dcd0f80.jpg

Ray: Thanks! You're right, that chassis is very handy to fit inside other body. Now I have one Studebaker body laying around, I guess I should plan something wild from that, too. ;):D:P I'm so glad that they release that Miss Deal Funny Car again!

Matti, Thanx, Don't know about our next Community Builds yet, but I'll start thinking about it. ;) Send me a PM on FCMA, and let's think more. ;)

And thanks Michael! These are very fun to build, when there's no RuleBook on the right hand. I'd like to do another one. :D

Scott... Thanks! The burnt rubber is one of my favorite parts, too.

Brett and David, Thank You, Too! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, Bill! They're really appreciated.

The rubber question is asked very often. :lol: I try to aswer clearly:

Take a spare tire (the one you're not planning to use), install it to Dremel or any other Motor Tool. There are many ways to do it and it depends of the tire diameter which one works the best for me. Then just simply do a few "burnouts" with that combination. I like to do burnouts on sheet metal, but sand paper is good too. Finer sandpaper you have, finer burnt rubber you get. Then I install them to model which is otherwise finished using Revell gloss clear and paint brush, I paint the area with clear where I want those burnt rubbers and then I just stick them there.

Hope that helps. :)