Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wisconsin builders?

hgbben

There are quite a few from that area, including Casey, who is one of the moderators and lives near Milwaukee (Menomonee Falls).

There is a great club, AMG (Automotive Modelers Group) and several others as well in and around the Milwaukee & Fox Valley area.

There should be a swap meet coming up at the Serbian Hall in Milwaukee in November. Back in the day it was a great place to go for deals, haven't been there for 7-8 years but others can let you know what to expect.

I'm in Milwaukee, city of....for now. Yes, the Model and Toy Show at Serb Hall is coming up fast...November 4th(a Sunday). I believe it's from 9-3 and $5 admission. Also, if you make it down to the Milwaukee area, West Allis to be exact, to Model Empire, there is a display case in the back that has flyers with info on AMG...meeting times and place. Also you can talk to Mike...he works there, Model Empire, and is a member of the group too. I've met up with Casey there once. He comes down to the store maybe once a month. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable on the hobby. I'm usually there a few times a month too.

Edit for show times: 10AM-2PM. Casey also has a post in the the shows section with complete info.

Edited by The70judgeman

• 1 month later...

Hello all. Ben, I work up your way in Horicon at John Deere. I live down in Mukwonago just outside of East Troy.

I used to own a John Deere tractor that was built in Horicon, best piece of lawn equipment I owned!

Some great shows, clubs and hobby shops in Wisconsin, and I hear they might get a Professional Football team soon too! ( :D:D Bears fan, couldn't resist!)

• 3 weeks later...

I was at the Serb hall show in nov and I agree there were a lot of hot wheels but my buddy that I went with collects them it worked out for me so I didn't have to go by my self am thinking that I might have to pick my brother-in-law from Mitchell international sometime this weekend so will give me an excuse to stop by (for my first time) empire and greenfield news and hobby. I have heard that they are suppose to be pretty good.

I was at the Serb hall show in nov and I agree there were a lot of hot wheels but my buddy that I went with collects them it worked out for me so I didn't have to go by my self am thinking that I might have to pick my brother-in-law from Mitchell international sometime this weekend so will give me an excuse to stop by (for my first time) empire and greenfield news and hobby. I have heard that they are suppose to be pretty good.

Just a little info on both stores. GN&H has a bit of a lot of stuff...models, slots, die cast, trains, art supplies, RC's, and lots of magazines... But on models, their prices run the average norm. Also, because they are a "prefered Revell dealer", they'll have the newer releases before Model Empire. Now, at Model Empire, they have more models than GN&H. They also buy in volume for their catalog, so their prices reflect that. They average around $3-$5 cheaper. I kind of know both store owners, Alex at Model Empire better, but they both have nice stores.