Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1969 Pro modeler Dodge Daytona charger finished kit

mopar_guy1

Hi everyone. I'm a newcomer to the site.

I though of sharing pictures of my show winner Pro modeller 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger. I decided to go with the stock version, using the T5 Copper Poly body color coupled with black interior. The result is eye catching.

I dressed the engine with a lot of extra wirering. Without 'em, the engine bay looks very dull.

Compare to the MPC version, The revell / monogram Pro Modeler one is a LOT superior in quality and details.

Enjoy.. :)

1e2u0z.jpg

vyvdy0.jpg

2rh1mar.jpg

1e2xd1.jpg

1z1xxsm.jpg

Edited by mopar_guy1

Don't be discouraged, Ben. We all had to start somewhere. Stick with this forum for a while, and once you get the basics down we'll teach you the tricks to becoming a better builder in no time. ;)

All kidding aside, I know that kit is leagues above anything MPC ever produced, but I have to wonder if the folks at Revell knew it could ever turn out this nice. Obviously the paint work and engine detailing will capture most people's attention, but that interior shot is incredible. Take a bow, you deserve it.

PS What's your secret for detailing the hard lines on the chassis and the wiring on the firewall so neatly?

Don't be discouraged, Ben. We all had to start somewhere. Stick with this forum for a while, and once you get the basics down we'll teach you the tricks to becoming a better builder in no time. ;)

All kidding aside, I know that kit is leagues above anything MPC ever produced, but I have to wonder if the folks at Revell knew it could ever turn out this nice. Obviously the paint work and engine detailing will capture most people's attention, but that interior shot is incredible. Take a bow, you deserve it.

PS What's your secret for detailing the hard lines on the chassis and the wiring on the firewall so neatly?

Thanks for the comment Monty. Really appreciated.

The trick of getting the details right is to:

1- To have good photo references of the real one. (For the ones who like to reproduce "stock" faithfully)

2- To see clearly what you work on. Really important. Good lighting mixed with the use of magnifying lenses, similar to the ones jewel makers use.

3- Steady hand and quality brushes.

4- Choosing the proper size wires.

My firewall is a mix of painted raised line and added small wires.

Edited by mopar_guy1