Model Cars Magazine Forum

48 ford coupe update 04/12/2012

stulee11

hi yall. this is my latest kit... i really like the look of this one and i think it will go nice with my 49 merc i just finished.

20121014_215515.jpg

i have started opening it up

20121014_220345.jpg

and i started to get the engine sorted to take the distibutor made by "fatkidd". i must say that he does make some amazing distributors and i would urge anyone to contact him and get one made...

20121015_150911.jpg

Edited by stulee11

hi all not alot of progress but i have been ploding along with it.

i have had a few issues with getting the doors hinged properly but now it just a matter of minour tweeks.

20121019_021520.jpg

i also got the trunk floor done all i need to do is sand it and then its ready for paint.

20121019_013255.jpg20121019_013322.jpg20121019_021504.jpg

hi all thanks for the kind comments. i have been ploding along with this one nicely. and i got the chassis started and the engine nearly done...

as you can see i have run the fuel line... its probably run wrong but for my first try it'll do lol.

20121025_165249.jpg

and please excuse the paint work on the chassis... i dont own a airbrush kit yet so its all done by hand brushing..

20121025_165239.jpg

and now for the engine... i think i have done quite good one this being a its my first flathead and the distributor is completly different to what i am use to lol... this distributor kit was made by "fatkidd". and it is outstanding in quality...

20121025_165311.jpg20121025_165330.jpg20121025_165342.jpg

i dont know how i was ment to do the coil but i will be putting it somewhere in the engine bay lol.

and this is the start of the interior.

20121020_191632.jpg

hope you all like the progress and continue to follow along..

thanks stu :)

This is a great kit: lots of options, and everything fits well. I put suicide doors on mine also, which required piecing the door panel together with part of the interior tub. The door sills were a little tricky; I'll be interested to see how you handle them. Judging from what you've done so far, this should be a treat to watch!

This is a great kit: lots of options, and everything fits well. I put suicide doors on mine also, which required piecing the door panel together with part of the interior tub. The door sills were a little tricky; I'll be interested to see how you handle them. Judging from what you've done so far,

this should be a treat to watch!

Thanks buddy... if you got any pointers on how to do the sills and bits. Plz post them so i can learn how to do them lol

I'm liking it. That Fatkidd gets around, doesn't he?

Thanks buddy.. yeah he does get about but i am glad he does tho lol :)

its looking good so far, stu.

I'm glad that the distributor worked out for you.

I really like the gold/silver contrast that you have going on with the frame and running gear.

The engine looks good, too. Nice amount of grunge on it.

And if were up to me, I'd go with the hubcaps on the lower right.

hi all.... thanks for the brill comments they mean alot... got the chassis all done now but i have a little problem... once i finished the chassis i noticed that it doesnt sit on all for wheels. i took it apart and started over as i thought it was builder error. but nope stil the same so i think the chassis is warped... is there away of fixing this without taking it all apart again ????????

as you can see fuel line is hooked up.

20121027_193942.jpg

chassis all black washed

20121030_140208.jpg

Thanks guys i to am following your build to cobraman..... and as for the colour i dont have a clue if im honest. I went into the automotive store and it caught my eye so i had to get it lol. All i know is it says "pearl" on the lid... sorry..... thanks stu :)