Model Cars Magazine Forum

392 Hemi Injection setup?

Hey Gang, does anyone offer or has kitted a early Hemi Injection setup? I need the whole deal, the intake for stacks, the fuel pump and etc for it. All the Big John Willys' kits all have blown setups. Im in need of some help. I could scratchbuild, but you would think by now someone would have done a resin setup>?

Jay

I don't know if anyone has kitted exactly what you need, but Hilborn makes the traditional style injector setup, and an electronic version that looks traditional. The Hilborn setup from any model engine with the same intake-port spacing will work as a good starting point.

This may not interest you, but it's the current 1:1 FAST electronic-injection setup for the Hemi 354, etc. It's built on Inglese-style manifolds similar to what's under Weber 48IDA carbs. Even the throttle-bodies look very IDA-like.

DSCN7126.jpg

DSCN7122.jpg

Gibson makes a 392 injected hemi, has all the parts in resin,suggest using aluminum stacks in place of his resin units.

Speed City Resin offer a 392 injector manifold, aluminum stacks in your choice of height and an AFX package with the pump, front cover etc.

These are all seperate items.

• 2 weeks later...

Jay,

I am currently building a Willys with injection as well, and I couldn't exactly find one. I ordered a real nice piece from Speedcityresin.com, but it didn't quite fit the Revell Willys block very well. I ended up using the injectors but scratched my own manifold. Here's my WIP if you're interested:

http://www.modelcars...63751&hl=willys

Good luck with your project!

-Art

Edited by Art Laski