Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lowboy 32 sedan

zaina

got a wild hair to start another chop...scale 6". ive been wanting to really slam a duece and do a suicide front and since i robbed the front axle for my 32 vicky, i needed to go a different route. not sure where the i beam came from but i think the bones are from the 48 ford kit...i split them, added rod ends and front mounts that i pinned to the axle. i still need to figure out the mounts for the spring. the rear has been z'ed, lowered, new bags made, and widened. rear wheels and tires are from parts box and fronts from the amt 34 ford. here is how she sits. notice the comparison sitting next to my other sedan that has been channeled but not chopped.

001-22.jpg002-19.jpg008-14.jpg003-18.jpg009-11.jpg012-14.jpg

Thanks guys. Mark, I don't have an ardun so thats out. I am saving the rocket I do have for the 50 olds. And the only nail head I have really isn't doin it for me...even though I wished I hade a better one because that's what I really want. So with that said I got the kits ford engine to fit nice. However I'm really not too into that idea either. I wanted to use a caddy aircleaner but it won't fit right. So I threw a parts pack caddy motor in the purple pond and when I get it together I can see how it will fit. I'm thinking the six strombergs will look nice sitting there

i got the spring mounts made tonight. i thought i would try using brass for the first time since its stronger than plastic anyway. now she sits all on her own. here are some pics of the progress and final stance...also with the ford engine sitting between the rails.

003-19.jpg002-20.jpg005-20.jpg