Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '90 Mustang LX 5.0 2'n1 Special Edition

Casey

My connection for plastic,told me today that he should have his first five cases by next friday.So by this time next week I should have my two kits.

Been waiting a very lloooooonnngggg time fir this one. bigtim

RPP's started getting them today. I got mine! Woo hoo! The lightbar lens and taillight sprue is in clear red, but as has been pointed out, Revell will replace with clear ones and is now putting clear into the kits rolling off the production line. No problem for mine, since I'll be doing one of the USAF U-2 chase cars and will have to source a different lightbar anyway.

I'll try to snap some pics and get them posted tonight or tomorrow night...

Got to see this up close at the MAMA meeting and it's a beauty. I'm far and away no expert on this car but it looks right to my eyes. And the molding is just superb. Very delicate in spots and crisp. I'll be getting a couple for certain.

Bob

So how many other people are going to pick up this model and swap a SBC in it?

I was thinking aLSX with a turbo...

Growing up we had a local guy who had a BBC in a Fox Body, and when guys got upset, he'd tell them, it was the only way to make a Ford fly....LOL

I had one , with a four cylinder- 5spd manual . That car was one I should have never bought . Not enough head room, very hard to get parts for and the quality was ......................

I had an '86 LX notchback w/ the 2.3 4cyl and a 4spd manual. Very underpowered, but it sufficed as my college car and got around NE Ohio winters pretty well w/ snow tires on all 4 corners.

However, my '87 GT has been a lot more fun over the years... this pic was when I had both of them, from around 1992 or so...

redandgraystangs-vi.jpg

I was thinking aLSX with a turbo...

Growing up we had a local guy who had a BBC in a Fox Body, and when guys got upset, he'd tell them, it was the only way to make a Ford fly....LOL

That sounds cool. I'd probably go with the 1st gen small block myself. Not that big of a Ford fan, but do like the looks of a notchback foxbody. But then again if someone was to start to make different intakes for this 302 like a BBK SSI one, then use a procharger also, probably look like a sweet setup under the hood.

So, with those weighing in on having theirs already, where are the pics?

JasonC, the SSI intake was NOT one of BBKs better intakes. It only performed marginally at best, and the only real things it had going for it were that it was better than a stocker (even the Ford GT40 outperformed the SSI) and it sure looked cool as all heck. It suffers from too small of a feed opening and too little plenum volume. now, get in there and open it up, then couple it to your ProCharger and you might just have something (Yes, I do play with FOX cars for a second living/fun).

Pizza sauce? Thanks Brett, now I am hungry. :)

I am not so much worried about pics for myself (I have had mine for over a week now, a gift from Ed) as I am pics for everybody else. (I was told not to say anything until they started hitting shelves).

If I tried to post all the pics I have (well over 100), it would overload the site. (and in case you believe me to be kidding, there are a few who still post here who HAVE seen the pics).

Edited by whale392

^^^That pizza looks sooooooooooo good (dang this high-protein diet I have right now. Starting back into lifting weights and dropping pounds from my midsection)

What is the picture limit per post?

Edited by whale392

I am not so much worried about pics for myself , as I am pics for everybody else.

(I have had mine for over a week now, a gift from Ed)

(I was told not to say anything until they started hitting shelves).

If I tried to post all the pics I have (well over 100), it would overload the site. (and in case you believe me to be kidding, there are a few who still post here who HAVE seen the pics).

WOW!! I guess it's good to know who your friends are (or aren't) huh?!

I am not so much worried about pics for myself (I have had mine for over a week now, a gift from Ed) as I am pics for everybody else. (I was told not to say anything until they started hitting shelves).

Seen the pics he is talking about