Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford 3 window Altered Coupe.

checkmate

Here's the end result of something I started ages ago and than finished after a mad three day rush.

I started by painting the chassis gunmetal and building up the motor, diff etc.

Getting the body to fit was fairly easy only needing a few slight adjustments, after a bit more trailing and erroring? I worked out that the body would need sections removed to clear the exhausts.

Painted the body GMH Cyan blue, chipped it, painted the sides silver and the bottoms of the sides GMH Topaz gold.

Than painted clear red over the top, making the top a deep burgandy/maroon fadeing into a nice candy red down the sides.

Added a pearl coat over the top and fitted some decals and cleared.

Was hopeing the clear red over blue would give me a purple, but ended up with maroon.

The only purple is where the over spray is on the grill! Was going to paint the grill but liked the way it came out!

Had to slightly adjust the steering and chassis, made some windows and made some aluminium exhaust tips and called it finished!

I left the wing off the top and didnt fit a parachute as it sort of "cluttered" it up. Still might chuck a number plate on the back though.

Cheers Rob

alt12.jpg

alt10.jpg

alt9.jpg

alt7.jpg

Very nice work! :) I'd love to know more about it. Like Roger, I'll ask resin or SnapTite? How about some shots of the chassis? The suspension details peaking through hint at some nice stuff under there, I'm thinking the Bantam Blast as the basis, judging from the decals and motor and the reference to the wing. Inquiring minds want to know... B):lol:

Hey guys been away for awhile sorry.

The basic chassis was the Bantam Blast kit, the body I used was a Jimmy Flintstone resin one, a mate donated a windscreen out of the snap tight kit which slotted straight in. :)

Thanks heaps for the positive replies.

Cheers Rob