Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Dodge kitbash

Wicky

I've had a Jo-han 64 Dodge super stock kit in my stash for some time , I always liked the body but realy don't like the chassis that comes with it , I was digging through my stash last night looking for something else and I found a Lindberg Ramchargers 330 SS kit that has no body with it , I don't know why I never thought of it before , surely both cars would have been built on the same or at least similar floors as the bodies are very similar , so after a little bit of trimming

64DodgePolara005-vi.jpg

it fits perfectly

64DodgePolara004-vi.jpg

and I have the standard 330 kit aswell so I have a choice of 3 engines that will drop straight in , slant 6 , 383 V8 or hemi .

HEMI!!! It's the little old lady from Pasadena in her Super Stock Dodge!

I like the way you think :D

I've mocked up the hemi to make sure it fits under the hood as I don't want to cut the hood or fit any scoops ,

64DodgePolara-vi.jpg

yep it clears .

@ dave , no but yes but no , maybe open the trunk and put a set slicks in there ( with a bottle of nos maybe ) for those RWYB days down the Pod

@ Wayne , that's basically the idea I have for the slant six , but in a late 60s Cuda ( a friend of mine had one a few years back , it was right hand drive , came from Australia I think )

@ Andy , yes .... yes I can :D

small update , getting some work done on the engine and chassis

64DodgePolara013-vi.jpg

I had to move the rear axle up on the springs to bring the rear wheels to a better position in the arches , and I made a new prop shaft but other than that , this has been a pretty straight forward build so far .

64DodgePolara014-vi.jpg

Edited by Wicky