Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lucky 13-The 30Sumt'n Rod

mrm

Thank you Bryan.

The cut in the firewall came out looking cool, but it was pretty much dictated by necessity, because the engine could not fit in otherwise.

For the front I have decided to go with a high tech setup, which will look very traditional. It is a combination of a dropped axle, airbags, friction shocks and four radius rods. But on the outside the only thing visible will be the axle and split wishbones. It is a set up I saw on a Deuce in a magazine. I am making all the parts for the front and then the chassis is getting putty and primer.

However on Tuesday I'm going to Vegas for a week (Yeah baby) so I'll pick up the project when I come back.

• 1 year later...

ohhh, snapppp!

I think I have been dormant long enough…Let me see…I'll try to recap in few words.

Had a fire in my house and like it wasn't enough, it resulted in a glycol flood. Fights with the HOA, court with insurance, a-hole contractors……Slowly rebuilt the house.

All this resulted in all models , materials, tools etc., being either destroyed, damaged or lost. And by lost I mean put in a box ina hurry somewhere without any logic.

So, now over a year later, I am trying to find bits and pieces here and there and jump start my building. Thankfully I have almost all the pieces for this build. Or at least I think so.

Anyway, I started with fixing the shape of the coupe as I wasn't perfectly happy with it.

24mu.jpg

Thank you. It sucks, but we are dealing with it. There is still legal fighting going on. But models are my escape from reality and it actually helps me deal with the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH life serves me.

Don't know if you have made your springs for you shocks yet buy my wife makes jewelry and she uses this wire called "Memory Wire". You can get it in different thicknesses and get it at almost any bead store or Joanns . It's almost like piano wire. Glad to hear that you and your family are all OK!

Bob

Thank you guys.

Actually I did make the springs for the shocks. I bought a bag of little neckless clasps that are meant to be used on rubber string or something. So they look like springs and they are just the right size. I'll take pictures and post them.

• 2 weeks later...

I ahve not done anything new to the model, because I am still scratching my head what to do with the front suspension. I want a traditional looking front axle, but to be as trick as the rear end. The problem I am running into is that everything that comes to mind involves inboard shocks and I don't have the space. I can scratch build an IFS, but it would be too ordinary.

Any ideas are welcome.