Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany Mini * A few PICS*

Luc Janssens

Found the following on the pages of the Revell Germany site....

Mini_Cooper_1.jpg

Mini_Cooper_2.jpgMini_Cooper_3.jpgMini_Cooper_4.jpg

Mini_Cooper_5.jpgMini_Cooper_6.jpg

Answering a few questions...

07092 MINI COOPER 998 Mk.I

- True-to-original bodywork with fine surface details

- Separate movable bonnet

- Multipart detailed 4-cylinder engine

- Separate exhaust assembly

- Detailed interior with dashboard, front seats and rear bench seat

- Build as optional left or right hand drive

- Movable wheels

- Two optional front radiator versions to build

- Various chrome parts including wheel caps, door handles and lamps

- Imitation rubber wheels

- Instructions and authentic decals with different markings

http://www.revell.de/?id=1016&L=1

Edited by Luc Janssens

This looks like a new tool, and not a repop of the Tamiya kit. Anyone know the price, and when it's due? I have built the Tamiya kit, would like to do this one too.

R.R.P over here is £17.99, I have mine on pre-order and got a 10% discount, I've built 6 of the Tamiya Mini's including the one I converted to a basic Mini 850, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the Revell version builds like

well now as i understand it, from a past thread somewhere, quite possibly in this forum, this new tool will correct size problems that the tamiya one apparently has, namely it is supposedly too small for 1/24 and possibly 1/25 as well. it came as a surprise to me but that i believe was the majority opinion. so the revell one is supposed to be more true to scale.

a couple more observations from those photos above: it sure looks nicely detailed and that under hood detail is pretty fantastic. it looks like the car is riding way too high which is too bad because thats a problem tamiya has as well. aside from that it looks pretty sharp and could out-tamiya tamiya on this one.

Found this photo on the 'net, great to see it will have the 'Deluxe' wheel trims, and if you look at the sprue shots, there's 2 front grilles supplied, are they both the Morris and Austin version ?? as the box art doesn't say which it is, only it's a Mini Cooper .... can't wait for mine to arrive !

post-2058-0-90614800-1350997581_thumb.jp

So does the boot lid badging.

So does the later 'Austin' version from Tamiya .... easy to remove and add a decal or P/E badge, I'd like to see the decal sheet for the Revell version, as the boot badge to me looks more like a decal,

Taken from the Revell website :-

Instructions and authentic decals with different markings, Two optional front radiator versions to build

I know I'll be making a few resin copies of the wheels and grills on this one, with a little work this could be made into so many different Mini models, not just the Coopers, I still have the moulds for the Non Cooper front grills ..... one of my favorite t.v programmes while growing up was Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased) and now I can make a model of Marty's Mini, as the Cooper Mk1 used the same 'Deluxe' wheel trims....

i300474.jpg

Edited by GeeBee

What about side view mirrors? Neither this kit or Tamiya have them. Did minis?

The Tamiya kit certainly has them, but there not easy to fit as there is no mounting holes for them, back when the Mini was new side view, or as they were called over here 'Wing Mirrors' were optional and usually fitted by the supplying dealer and not the factory.

The Tamiya kit certainly has them, but there not easy to fit as there is no mounting holes for them, back when the Mini was new side view, or as they were called over here 'Wing Mirrors' were optional and usually fitted by the supplying dealer and not the factory.

I built the rally version - I don't remeber Wing Mirrors. I guess I should be more observant. Thanks, though.

The engine bay and interior detail looks worse than the Tamiya one from what I can see in the pic's but I'm still hanging out to get some :) The tamiya twin carbs are very finely mou;ded whereas these look clunky , the wiper motor is a seperate part in the Tamiya one but cast on the firewall on this one (little details I know but it's what makes the Tamiya one nice . However the rear subframe looks to be one piece and seperate unlike the Tamiya one which looks bad and the front subframe doesn't have the odd bash guard on the front edge the Tamiya one does so it'll be interesting to build them side by side and compare .

It's good to have a different version to the Tamiya, I'll agree Tamiya molding is brilliant, but they don't always get the detail correct, but as this comes with the 'deluxe' wheel trims instead of the Cooper S 9 hole steel wheels it will be possible to make other models of the mini, as the bodyshell will only have the one fuel cap, and the proper pre- '65 door handles, I've already got the mold done for the Austin 'wavy' front grille ready to cast in resin .... I have one on pre order, but I can see myself adding a few more to the stash ....

Finishedonepiecemold1.jpg