Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

reference pics needed

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

looking for interior and outside shots of the 46 city chevy days of thunder

Posted · Report post

Do a google image search for Days of Thunder, quite a few outside pics. I didn't see any interior shots but it's basically all gloss gray inside.

Posted · Report post

If you want a good match, get a can SEM paint #61113 chassis gray, its a good match for that time period, I can tell you that the chassis is gray, all the chassis for the DOT cars are Gray.

I am in the process my self of getting all the cars done, and currently working on the city chevy, what paint are you thinking about using for the body?

Posted · Report post

^^ Gave me this tip for the paint also. ordered it from summit...Darn near perfect B)

Posted · Report post

86559d1227356384-lca-contest-days-thunder-chevrolet-luminas-coletrickle46daysofthundercar.jpg

46CityChevyrefa-vi.jpg

SLASHcitychevy3.jpg

dayscity.jpg

Posted · Report post

The last two pics are not correct DOT cars, there are rebuilds, the only thing correct about them is the chassis color and the city chevy decals :lol:

Posted · Report post

If you want a good match, get a can SEM paint #61113 chassis gray, its a good match for that time period, I can tell you that the chassis is gray, all the chassis for the DOT cars are Gray.

I am in the process my self of getting all the cars done, and currently working on the city chevy, what paint are you thinking about using for the body?

I use Testors Gloss Gull Gray for interiors from this era which seems pretty close to my eye.