Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge and Plymouth concept cars?

no resin versions of any the above, at least not that I'm that I'm aware of ,,,,,,if there is someone let me know

I REALLY want to do a Diamante and Duster 1

The RTS 1970 Roadrunner would not be a real hard one to do,

But, the RTS Duster( the green one ) and the RTS 1971 Roadrunner would be a bit tougher to do than one might think. As there are several custom touches that don't pop out unless you really study the cars.

I wish my body work skills were up to the task to attempt a master

Edited by gtx6970

MPC did make a 72 Roadrunner kit

I have never been able to get my hands on one to see if the parts are there to build what is shown. If they are then maybe someone could resin cast the parts needed.

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it had any of the parts to do the custom version ?

MPC did make a 72 Roadrunner kit

2-vi.jpg

I have never been able to get my hands on one to see if the parts are there to build what is shown. If they are then maybe someone could resin cast the parts needed.

I bought that kit back in the early 70's and I think it had parts to build a Superbird but not the car on the box . I still have it in my stash , I'll get back to you .

I checked and it has both the custom front and the Superbird front parts included . Here's a photo of the body parts .

1-5.jpg

Edited by TooOld

1-5.jpg

rts3_zpsb5303bc2.jpg

I think the Revell 1/24 '71 GTX would be a better starting point, as it includes the thin rubberized bumper lip thingy (I forget the technical name) which appears to be present on the show car, plus the show car's nose "opening" doesn't look like the stock opening, lacking the raised area along the bottom edge. The kit part is neat, but it's just a custom grille with euro style headlights from what I see, and not all that close to what the Rapid Transit car is wearing.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

That's too bad, as I would love to build a RTS diorama.

The MPC 72 Roadie looks like it would be a good start to do the Beinke's 71 G-series Superbird.

If anyone does build a master for the RTS cars, I for one would buy a whole slew of them.

Corey

The box art looks like a compromise between the 1:1 car and what they could work with model-wise.

I don't think it'd be too difficult to create a conversion kit for the Revell/Monogram '71 GTX and AMT '71 Duster for those two cars. The Duster's nose and tail pieces could be much like the custom nose and tail caps AMT included in their Customizing series kits, the headlights, bumpers and grilles to go along with them, and new hoods. The Sonic 'Cuda might be the easiest of the bunch.

The nose on the 71 would only be the beginning.

It has a custom hood and decklid as well. not to mention the tail lights / rear bumper treatment .

I don't think any of the cars would be a cake walk to replicate, but I also don't think any of them would be impossibile either. I've seen the Diamante, Duster 1 and the RTS Duster in person and they really need to be seen to appreciate.

http://www.roadrunne...SRoadRunner.htm

And I agree, I think the Sonic Cuda will be the easist one to replcate, EXCEPT for the paint work

Edited by gtx6970