Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge and Plymouth concept cars?

Found this on Ebay completed lsitings ( not mine btw)

It might be close, but I don't think it's the same as the sonic cuda nose . but I think it could be modified without to much trouble

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MPC-1974-cuda-orig-parts-kit-/150896341192?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23221f70c8&nma=true&si=%2FlBK%2BYElLJ7g5He8zIBIINCr9C0%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Has anyone ever cast any of these Dodge, and Plymouth concept cars?

KGrHqYOKjIE1udHd-BNnlVMSJKQ0_35_zps2b850c6d.jpg

retro_zpsf1acbb04.jpg

tumblr_lynljdOSFO1qzut9po1_1280_zps42c6e667.jpg

I thought that I read somewhere that the Sonic Cuda was a privately owned, custom built show car, not a Chrysler concept. The huge aftermarket blower sticking through the hood would also support that theory. Either way, I like it! I wonder what ever happened to this machine......

Edited by Intmd8r

I thought that I read somewhere that the Sonic Cuda was a privately owned, custom built show car, not a Chrysler concept. The huge aftermarket blower sticking through the hood would also support that theory. Either way, I like it! I wonder what ever happened to this machine......

Although I am not 100% sure. I believe it was in fact Mopar designed / Chuck Miller built ( I think it was a design exercise and was supposed to travel around with the RTS cars ) , then went to private ownership later on ( early 70's)

And the last I heard the car still exists and is in Michigan

PS, there also was the RTS Cuda and is / was a different car

Cool, thanks for the responses guys. I read somewhere that, while this isn't the same Cuda as the one in the RTS display, it was built by the same person, in almost the same manner. I believe that the RTS Cuda had wheelie bars sticking through the exhaust cutouts, among other things.

Corey

note it said the zoomies and blower were cosmetic, i guess that means there is a carb inside the blower body ala ed big daddy roth. and of course the zoomies are cosmetic or there would be flames coming out of those puppies in the nighttime photography.

the rts cuda is owened by the same guy who bought the duster a few years back out of a parking garage in ny where it sat parked for years..

Steve Juliano does own the RTS duster mentioned. He found it in a long term parking garge in Detroit area.

I do not believe he owns or has ever owned the RTS Cuda Or the Sonic Cuda

• 2 months later...