Model Cars Magazine Forum

I wanna get back into building...

I haven't been building much. I have to leave for school at 7:00 AM. I have had football practice after school, so I usually get home about 6:00 to 6:30PM. Now that football season is over I want to get back into building. I want a kit that hasn't been started/modified yet, but I don't have one. I can't trade because I'm only 12 and my parents won't buy me one because they don't think I'll finish it and they don't want to waste 20 bucks. I will get home about 3:30 now and building is sounding fun again. I have been checking out the forum and have been liking the muscle car models and the old trucks. I hope I can get into the hobby again. I will hopefully get a model gong and finish it so I can get another one that I like. I really wanna get into the hobby.

Nice to see someone so young want to get into the hobby. I was building at twelve they wernt anything to be proud of let me tell ya. what kinda cars are u into. Ebay has great deals and usualy they have them at clearance at hobby lobby for 7.50 if possibe cheak out garage sales also keep trying ask ur parents if u can do chores or simtging to show them u will work fir it u probbably really want it and will finnish it. Keep trying man its a great cheap hobby

Nice to see someone so young want to get into the hobby. I was building at twelve they wernt anything to be proud of let me tell ya. what kinda cars are u into. Ebay has great deals and usualy they have them at clearance at hobby lobby for 7.50 if possibe cheak out garage sales also keep trying ask ur parents if u can do chores or simtging to show them u will work fir it u probbably really want it and will finnish it. Keep trying man its a great cheap hobby

My parents don't buy from ebay. I don't know why. The nearest Hobby Lobby is 2 hours away. I would go if we had one like 5 minutes away but we don't.

Lane, good luck getting back into the hobby. If I understand you correctly you have built in the past. Did you not ever finish a kit ? The reason I ask is because you say your folks won't buy you a kit because they are afraid you won't finish it. Also, don't forget garage sales as you can sometimes find a deal.

He has posted here before. Seems like a good kid.

Lane- tell us what subjects you like. Like others have said, many of us old farts have a huge stash and wouldn't mind parting with a kit. I'd send you one, but you gotta promise to have more patience with your dog. (Sue me. I'm a dog lover)

Thanks guys. But I can't accept any of these kits. I am only 12 and I have strict parents. I cannot release my adress over the internet or to nobody I don't know in person. Thanks anyway guys. I really appreciate it. If I could, I would. Trust me. I have finished kits before, and I am capable of finishing a kit just not lately. I have some parts to a Saleen S281 and will add on to it and try to complete it so I can get a new kit. Thanks again guys!

Thanks guys.

MUAHAHAHAHA! I have succeded at getting back into building. I just need to order a model and its complete. I have finished the started and stopped 1950 Chevy 3100. I have finished it so I could get a new model. I was thinking about ordering the 1/25 1957 Chevy Bel Air 2 'n' 1. I have some paint for it. I want that and some BMF. I Haven't done BMF before but I want to try it. I think I have the idea for it. But I have succeded at getting back into building! :D