Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage build '32

realgone58

Got this old tooling AMT kit at a swap meet a couple weeks ago, and it's so simple, I decided to build it. Quick fun, vintage style! Used all the kit parts, except parts box front wheels/tires. Slicks are from the reissue parts pack. Added a distributor with wires. Paint is Model Master one coat laquer Citrus metallic. The windshield in this kit was so pathetic I didn't even bother to use it. Still looking for an aftermarket duvall style sheild for it.

kits%252032%2520roadster%25202.JPGkits%252032%2520roadster%25203.JPGkits%252032%2520roadster%25204.JPGkits%252032%2520roadster%25201.JPG

Body proportions were so off for this old kit, but back in the day this was all we had and your build illustrates that, despite the flaws, they were still great fun - and with a little work and detail they could still be stunners on the shelf. Thanks for sharing this, well done!

Edited by Qwit Pushin

Body proportions were so off for this old kit, but back in the day this was all we had and your build illustrates that, despite the flaws, they were still great fun - and with a little work and detail they could still be stunners on the shelf. Thanks for sharing this, well done!

I agree, I guess that's how you can tell it's the same old kit we've had around for years. Sometimes it's just fun to build one of these old simple designs, instead of taking on a 100% correct project.