Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nascar Car of tommorow ?

shafer

Since Nascar introduced the COT as being a single template car does that mean that I can buy the generic chevy COT kit that is available and just use the decals for grille, and lights to create a Dodge? Or are the bodys different. It is my understanding that all of the real car bodys are the same. Imput is greatly appreciated, I want to build a Petty COT

Thanks - clyde

The bodies are slightly different in the front ends and side glass areas. Search for Mark J's build of the Miller Lite #2 to see how much work he put into making an accurate Dodge from the AMT COT! I couldn't tell you for sure what the differences are with the Fords, but I'm sure there are some subtle lines. I did a Google search for COT's and the best shots are the cars in primer to discern the differences in the noses. Hope this helps?

Are there any aftermarket conversion kits to make the Ford, Dodge and Toyota cars? I would like to build something other than the Chevy COT and any help that y'all can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

There are some resin bodys of other makes, but there not the 2011-2012 style with the new nose, and I think some you would have to make your own spoiler as well

There is somebody on ebay selling 2011-12 bodys, but not sure how good the castings are

Now for the bad news, I know almost all of the resin COT bodys are 1/24th, and the AMT COT chassis being 1/25th

http://public.fotki.com/raceminded/mikesscalespeedshop/

http://public.fotki.com/raceminded/smhresins/