Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom duelly Hauler, on its way back from the lowering shop! New stance 12/01/12

• 4 weeks later...

I wish you all the luck in the world. It sounds like a cool idea. But realistically, are you extending the dually fenders to the top of the bed rail? If not, saying tucking 26s is quite ambitious would be an understatement. If you can do it either way, I can't wait to watch because I like me some slammed tow pigs! Heck, if you throw some 20s or 22s on it and call it a day, you still got my attention.

Edited by Skydime

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got fenderwells in the front? Cut those suckers out if you do and you'll get a ton of clearance. From what I see in the back...due to the light shining through the body, it looks like you could do a lot of tweeking in the back to get about 3 or 4 more scale inches of drop back there. If you can't lay it out on those, you can at least get one heck of a drop and a hot rod rake to it.

Edited by Skydime

Have you got fenderwells in the front? Cut those suckers out if you do and you'll get a ton of clearance. From what I see in the back...due to the light shining through the body, it looks like you could do a lot of tweeking in the back to get about 3 or 4 more scale inches of drop back there. If you can't lay it out on those, you can at least get one heck of a drop and a hot rod rake to it.

I was thinking the same thing. Start cutting that thing up. You got a lot more room up front and out back with some convincing. Looks a lot better then it did tho, lookin good.

I'm liking this project. lowered dually pickups are sweet!

not to hijack, but here's a picture of a dodge ram dually snaptite.

I cut the wheel well tubs from the bed and moved them towards the center and filled in the gap.

IMG_4717.jpg

the wheels are from a jada toys diecast d-rods series. I'm not sure what they scale out to, but I liked them.

Good luck with your project and keep us posted of progress.