Model Cars Magazine Forum

1981 buick

shafer

I made this car 15-16 years ago - it was diecast which I repainted and the 43s are hand cut from white peel and stick decal paper. Since it is an old build of mine , i am making cosmetic changes and trying to keep it much as I made it years ago.

I do have a question

I made a grille using aluminum and screen

what do you guys recommend for me to make the bumpers, looking at my kyle petty kit the bumpers (front and rear) appear as they would glue right in , I think this was the same mold, honestly , I do not want to buy a whole regal just for bumpers, so imput from you knowledgable model guroos would be appreciated on how I may make my own. I must warn you I have never used that plastic styreen sheets that you guys use.

Edited by shafer

thanks so much , i do appreciate it but someone has already promised me a set that is on the way, again thankyou

I know this isnt a great build , but since i made those 43 decals and this was one of my early petty builds i wanted to preserve it.

Richard ran the Buick in 1981 only. I had the good fortune to be at Daytona for win #7. We were tuned in on the team headsets and knew pretty much before everyone else in the stands that his last pit stop would be a splash-and-go! In 1982 Petty had signed with Pontiac and raced Pontiac Grand Prix's from 1982 to 1992 when he retired.

Thanks Jacen, I knew you would know. Great looking model Clyde. Your collection in the other thread is awesome as well.