Model Cars Magazine Forum

1948 Ford custom. Update 11-6 Done !

cobraman

Next on the bench will be this 48 Ford. I have some plans for it but who knows what will happen when the building begins. You all know how that goes. It will be pretty much built out of the box with few mods if any. Looks like a pretty nice kit with plenty of options. Lets see if I can manage to not screw it up !

48ford1002.jpg

Edited by cobraman

Getting into the kit a litle bit by building some sub assemblies. I am a little disapointed to see that the engine halves included the oil pan. I would have perfered there be a seperate oil pan but no big deal I guess a little filler and sanding should fix that.

Got some time to start working on this wip again. First off...... yes.... it's pink. Was not my first choice but while selecting paint my wife pointed this color out and said ' that's pretty ". Next thing you know I was painting this thing pink. You married fellows may understand. Still more to do on the body such as some touch ups to the paint and it still needs to be cleared. Don't care for the hub cap selection and I may go with some full wheel Moon type discs. We shall see.

48ford2001.jpg48ford2002.jpg48ford2003.jpg48ford2004.jpg

Here is another small update to this build. I think it is coming along pretty good so far. Still lots to do but well on it's way. Body has been cleared and will be polished when it's time. Chassis almost done and interior is finished. Still not sure what hupcaps to run but will have to decide soon. This is a pretty nice kit but I think the 49 Merc is better. IMO.

48ford4001.jpg48ford4002.jpg<div style=48ford4004.jpg48ford4006.jpg48ford4003.jpg