Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dyno Don's Maverick

Sixx

Just finished this one...comp resins Maverick...some OLD & messed up Slixx decals. I used some MV products headlights, painted the car orange & white. The decals were from 2005...I think Slixx had a problem with em in 04 & 05, went in and out of the water just fine, they cracked & crumbled on the body though, I saved em the best I could

P10117712_zps4979d053.jpg

P10117782_zps0e914ee5.jpg

P10117742_zpscf2a9861.jpg

comments welcomed!!

Another great looking body Derrick. I had the same problem with some of their decals. I sent them back and they sent me 2 new sheets for the bad ones I returned and they also sent me a bottle of liquid to coat the decals before using them. They explained to me that some batches of decals were packaged before they coated them. When in doubt, coat them first.

Another great looking body Derrick. I had the same problem with some of their decals. I sent them back and they sent me 2 new sheets for the bad ones I returned and they also sent me a bottle of liquid to coat the decals before using them. They explained to me that some batches of decals were packaged before they coated them. When in doubt, coat them first.

Yeah, your right Ray, forgot to do that!!!!!!!!!

Looks great! I have had Slixx decals do that too. It is always a challenge putting the puzzle pieces together that were once a decal.

Puzzle...oh man, I wished it was a real one!! They were bad!!!