Model Cars Magazine Forum

FLC FREIGHTLINER Update 1/13/13

It has been awhile since I have been able to be on the bench due to just having another child and moving and starting a new job it has been a little crazy. Well here is my latest project. I just decaled it today and i need to clear coat and polish the whole thing and trim it out but I just tacked the grill bumper and visor on to kind of bring it all together to get a peek of how its gonna look. It is painted deep jewel green metalic. Decals are from Jerry. I is kinda hard to tell the color but when I clear and polish it I will get some better lighting pics of the paint. I hope you all like it I feel as if i am starting all over again lol! ;D

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

Edited by truckman1981

Lookin' good, like those stripes! since you lopped off all the axles, you must be using aftermarket wheels, aren't you? And the tire that's holding the front of the truck up is going to be used for the rear wheels too?

Edited by BigBad

Lookin' good, like those stripes! since you lopped off all the axles, you must be using aftermarket wheels, aren't you? And the tire that's holding the front of the truck up is going to be used for the rear wheels too?

Thanks Robert. And yes you are correct I am not a fan of Italeri Wheels especially the rears the drive hubs look horrible. I will be using wheels and tires and hubs from Jamie on this build they are very authentic.

It looks nice so far. I like the colour and stripes. And yes, Italeri hubs are horrible. They must think that all the big rig wheels are the same. I wonder what would happen if they tried this approach with the 1-35 scale military stuff. They would soon be out of bussines.

• 2 weeks later...

A little update tonight. I have got the Cummins plumbed but it still needs more once it is in the frame for good. I just sat it in the frame to get an idea as to how it is going to look. I used christmas tree bulb hooks for the hard piping for fuel lines and oil line to turbo. I also used baking soda and testors rust on the manifold and exhaust side of the turbo and Detail Master fittings on most of the plumbing. I plan to work more on it while off from work for the holiday this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks

IMG_2627.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2631_1.jpg

IMG_2632_1.jpg

IMG_2633_1.jpg

Nice details on the engine. The cable ties are cool. The belts in front look kinda rough though.

Chris, have you tested the cab on the frame with the engine in place? I had problems with the firewall clearance once I added the tubing to the back side of the engine. But it was a Peterbilt kit with DD 60 Series in it. Just make sure your FLC does not have a problem of this kind.