Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just a shout out to you fellas that are along the east coast and this HUGE storm about to pummel those of us here!

Tropical Storm Lee from last year is still very fresh on my mind as my house was flooded. Already we have heavy rain and gusty winds, and I'm on the outer fringes of the storm (Central PA). There's the possibility of the power going out----if that's the case I can look forward to a mess again, as there will be no place for the water to go, despite having a sump pump in the basement.

At least I might be able to get some building done.................provided the power stays up and running through all of this. :unsure:

Take care all and be safe!

Everyone should just chill and follow the wise counsel of that straight-thinking paragon, Lindsay Lohan, as she expressed in yesterday's Tweet. Lindsay, who lives on Long Island, said:

“WHY is everyone in SUCH a panic about hurricane (i’m calling it Sally)..?” she tweeted Sunday night. “Stop projecting negativity! Think positive and pray for peace.”

I am also renaming one of my favorite songs, "Mustang Sandy."

Edited by sjordan2

The way it looks now NY is gona get smacked pretty hard. I'm down here in Maryland and we're already getting flooding, power outages, wind with trees down, and Ocean City is under water. They have also closed most major bridges. I got water in my basement last year from Irene and almost took me six months to rebuild. My model room and two bedrooms are in the basement. Keeping a close eye on things with this storm. Hopefully power stays on. Wishing everyone else the best.

here in mass ,had a big ol' pine tree come down to the left of my home ,pretty stormy right now .thanks for your well wishes and everyone in its path be safe ,hopefully you wont lose power so you can still glue stuff to other stuff..

jim

Edited by glusnifr

Hope all yas with trees down already are doing ok!

I'm in the Berkshires of Massachusetts and we're sticking up highest in front of the winds coming from the southeast.. I'm on North Mountain but on the other side the winds are hitting. They've been pretty strong since afternoon and I've heard reports of 70mph gusts in Pittsfield. I am amazed at the sound of the wind coming from the top of the mountain (really just a hill) .. it's sounds like a jet ready to appear over the crest .. amazing roar. So far we're lucky with just a few branches in the yard and power still going. Hardly any rain to speak of.

Sandy has disappeared as the real threat is the huge Nor'easter she merged with!

I'm not sure where Jim is, Mike is well west of me.

In Marlborough (35 miles or so west of Boston,) we lost power in a bunch of places, and a large tree fell on one house according to reports from the elderly man who's the greeter at Wal-Mart, which shut down Rt. 85 going into Marlborough from Hudson, where Wal-Mart is.

Our house lost power at about 5:00, and I'm up in Leominster (about 20 miles north and slightly west,) where there's power and dinner at Denny's.

Dad went to Mom's semi-assisted-living apartment in Waltham to help her out and stay there for the evening. I might bunk in with a friend around the corner if it stays messy.

I can say with relative certainty that school will be canceled tomorrow.

Charlie Larkin

I'm still sitting up in Leominster waiting for my laptop to recharge and contemplating going around the corner to see if I can bunk in with a friend of mine here. The leaves are rustling on the trees pretty good. There were a few down branches, and Clinton St. in Berlin was closed, forcing me to go up the nearly unlit portion of Rt. 62 along the Clinton-Berlin line.

There's a Mass Electric guy at the counter...I may ask him if he knows what the status is for Marlborough yet.

Charlie Larkin

Okay first of all, am I really the only one who wishes Lindsay would get in her car with Paris Hilton and the Kardashians and just drive off a cliff?

Secondly, where I live the way things work is that about two days after the storm is over...that's when our power will go out! :huh:

LOL. And maybe wash Snooki out of Jersey!

Take care and be safe to all of those in the path of the storm. Here in Charlotte NC we are getting high winds and cold temps but no rain. I hope that whatever predictions of destruction the talking heads on TV claim are exaggerated and no members here suffer any losses.

A little concerned for my son who is at school in Vermont as that area took a beating with Irene last August and this looks to be as bad, if not worse.

Just a shout out to you fellas that are along the east coast and this HUGE storm about to pummel those of us here!

Tropical Storm Lee from last year is still very fresh on my mind as my house was flooded. Already we have heavy rain and gusty winds, and I'm on the outer fringes of the storm (Central PA). There's the possibility of the power going out----if that's the case I can look forward to a mess again, as there will be no place for the water to go, despite having a sump pump in the basement.

At least I might be able to get some building done.................provided the power stays up and running through all of this. :unsure:

Take care all and be safe!

Bill,

Just pack up the car and come on out to Minnesota! We have not had much snow in the last few years. We are practically in the Banana Belt the way Global warming is going!