Model Cars Magazine Forum

1985 Mustang SVO-WIP

Scuderia

As I mentioned in a research thread, I hate the nose appearance of the SVO. With that being said I looked for options. I tried a radical piece from Martinfan that didn't look like it'd work and settled for this idea. I took a nose from a 93 cobra ebay gluebomb, modified the body by cutting off a lil extention on the body and gluing it on. It'll need sanding and putty to fill. The Hood is a Fox good with vents cut from the 1990 Grand Prix Turbo hood. It's there for test purposes mostly, although i may use it. I'd like to get it resin-cast but we'll see.

IMG_20121029_141657-vi.jpg

IMG_20121029_141716-vi.jpg

IMG_20121029_141740-vi.jpg

What are the plans for this one?

Building the rest as normal, except for the wheels. The SVO wheels are ugly as butt. It'll be red with a black interior probably. I don't know off hand what colours SVO's came in I haven't looked it up yet.

I see what people were saying about the 87 Turbo coupe engine and things being better for this. This engine in here looks bland in comparison.