Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ramchargers!

Ramcharger

Al (Tubbs) Matheny requested photos of all my Ramchargers cars so here you go! Remember, some of these were built over a period of several years about 10 or so years ago. Don't judge too harshly, my skills have improved and some of them have done the show circuit and are showing their age. You can definitely tell which ones were built or rebuilt recently. Enjoy, and thanks for looking! BTW, comments welcome!

RamchargerModels001.jpg

RamchargerModels003.jpg

RamchargerModels023.jpg

RamchargerModels024.jpg

RamchargerModels002.jpg

More at the link: Rons Stuff

Ramcharger,

Thanks so much for sharing what I think is (at least to me) the coolest line up of classic cars ever raced. I began following drag racing in the late 60's, and I used to love seeing the Ramchargers car - whatever version - on the start line. Looking at your cars was a trip back to those days...thanks!

Roger (caine440) - no plans for the 'Cuda, I thought about it, but then I'd have to build the Challenger they ran in one race in about 1970, and the last funny car, the Dart Sport from about 1976 or so. In reality the 67 Dart was the last car the "real" Ramchargers were involved with, after that it was hired drivers and crew, more or less. I am doing the 61 car but not the '49 Plymouth.

Niko(W-409) - The dragster in slated for later next year. It will be the first front engine dragster I've built since I was a kid, We'll see how that goes.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments.

REALLY nice lineup.

Looks like all you need is the early 1964 Max Wedge car ( 1964 Hemi car came mid-year) and your set.

And someone correct me if I am wrong, but the Ramchargers 1970 Cuda did not run in the 1970 season correct ?

didn't it come later like in the mid 70's ?

AWESOME!!!! thanks for taking the time and pictures!! old or new builds, don't matter. that lineup is cool! i remember back then, when you saw those white cars with the big ol red lettering coming........ AWESOME!!

and Ron, did i notice some nascars in that first picture? hmmmmmmm.......

Nitro Neil, I am jealous! That is waaay cool, I really want one, but not enough to build one.

Al, you did notice some NASCARs in that photo. I'm a huge Bill Elliott fan so I'm working on building most of his cars. Early in his career he had lots of different sponsors, so I'm just picking and choosing. Late in his career they started the different paint scheme for each track so I'm passing on a bunch of those too. I'm mainly interested on the "Coors" era.