Model Cars Magazine Forum

Parts ID help needed *some new pics

Hi all, I got the parts below as extras in any open box kit. Sorry the picture is a little far away but can anyone point me in the direction of which kit(s) these might be from. If needed, I'll get some closer shots up tomorrow. Thanks!

20121029_115330.jpg

Edited by Ryan S.

The engine in the pic has a definite Chebby look, especially the water pump, but if it is, I'm guessing it's a big-block, judging from the even exhaust-port spacing of the stock exhaust manifold at the bottom center. Small-block Chebbies have the characteristic two-in-the-middle-together exhaust-port spacing. The valve covers on the upper chrome tree look like big Chebby also, from what I can see on my screen.

Do the referenced Impala kits have big blocks in them?

Some closer pictures for your enjoyment. I was able to determine that some parts are from AMT #2345

AMTkit2345.jpg

These parts:

DSC_9326.jpg

These all seem like they might be from the same kit, but not sure. The chrome sprue tree has the numbers 1727-5 on it, but despite some searching I couldn't find a kit match:

DSC_9331.jpg

DSC_9330.jpg

DSC_9329.jpg

DSC_9328.jpg

and these don't seem to match the others:

DSC_9327.jpg

Thanks for the help on this, it'll be nice to know where these all came from! Cheers.