Model Cars Magazine Forum

1972 Beverly Hills Cop Nova

migace

I remember the AMT '72 Nova but not the beverly hills cop release .. anyone gotta pic of this ? thank's in advance..

The BHC version is a new release...I assume it will just be the same old, same old AMT '72 Nova SS with new box art. I really doubt if Round 2 has tooled up parts to represent a worn out base version like was in the movie.

I assume it will just be the same old, same old AMT '72 Nova SS with new box art.

AMT_31547.jpgThat One???

I've built one, and it was pretty nice kit, even if the detail is much more simple than in Revell's new version. And those Old Pro Decals are very nice too. And in my kit, the seperate front fenders really did fit nicely.

• 1 month later...

Doesn't look anything like the movie car...the movie car was a worn out, dented base Nova.

And, it had steelies with dogdish caps.

I'll take the co-star ... Lisa Eilbacher ... oh, wait a minute. She's almost as old as I am. Never mind.

B)

• 3 months later...

I sincerely doubt Axel Foley's Nova was an SS car :P

Here's the deal... this kit isn't aimed at US. Tom Lowe has always been involved in the TV and Movie memorabilia market. There are huge shows for this hobby across the country all the time. Our hobby is tiny next to this market. People attending these shows will buy this kit. Most will be happy with the box art and maybe never even open the box. None of them will notice the differences between the actual movie car and the kit. And if this makes Round 2 money so that they can invest in stuff we'd like to see reissued, so be it!

Looks like Round2 has even created a new "Silver Screen Machines" label for all of these movie-themed kits.

Now if we can only get them to do a "Better Off Dead" '67 SS Camaro in this series...

Here's the deal... this kit isn't aimed at US. Tom Lowe has always been involved in the TV and Movie memorabilia market. There are huge shows for this hobby across the country all the time. Our hobby is tiny next to this market. People attending these shows will buy this kit. Most will be happy with the box art and maybe never even open the box. None of them will notice the differences between the actual movie car and the kit. And if this makes Round 2 money so that they can invest in stuff we'd like to see reissued, so be it!

I've touched on it before, and I know it first hand from my day job, that WE* aren't the demographic that buys the bulk of model kits.

*message board posters, model club members, model show attendees, etc...

You should see some of the new Hot Wheels HollyWood cars. The Milner Coupe is a modern looking 3 Window with a blower and no fenders at all, the Beverly Hills Cop Nova is a '68 Nova, the Rockford Files Firebird is a T-Top Trans Am with what appears to be the scale equivalent of 18"-20" front and 20"-22" rear Torque Thrusts, and for Ferris Bueller's Day off, they modeled his sister's Fiero :rolleyes:

You should see some of the new Hot Wheels HollyWood cars. The Milner Coupe is a modern looking 3 Window with a blower and no fenders at all, the Beverly Hills Cop Nova is a '68 Nova, the Rockford Files Firebird is a T-Top Trans Am with what appears to be the scale equivalent of 18"-20" front and 20"-22" rear Torque Thrusts, and for Ferris Bueller's Day off, they modeled his sister's Fiero :rolleyes:

:huh: