Model Cars Magazine Forum

Allowed photo file extensions ?

I was doing a straight copy to the body of text from a photo that was e-malied to me, which sometimes works, sometimes not (also some web images I use to illustrate answers are sometimes rejected the same way, if I try to do a simple "copy image"). I saved the photo in my own library and then sent it to photobucket, and it's been accepted here from PB in that format (which also works with web images). It's in 1:1 ref. photos.

Ok, so you're copying and pasting the image link directly into the reply box, correct?

If the the image is already hosted somewhere on the web, copy the url (www.pictureiwannacopy/billspage/pictures.jpg or similar), then click the little green tree inside a square icon in the bottom row of the grey-blue header bar, above the reply box. When you hover the cursor over it, it will display "image". Click on it, and a new window will open up and allow you to paste the url of the image into the blank space. Click "OK" once it's pasted, and place your cursor in the body if the message/reply box where you want the image to appear.

I don't know if there's a specific list stating which extensions are allowed, but I've haven't had any issues with .jpg or .gif files, either using the method described above or via the attachment feature, but not all images can be copied and pasted. I know I have had issues with the .jpg images files on Tower Hobbies 'site (and it has happened with a few other site's images), and I don't know the correct web-speak term, but I think the images are protected somehow to prevent re-linking(?). Basically, you can't take their image file and re-post it elsewhere.

If the images are on your hard drive, I would suggest using the Attachment feature to upload them.

Ok, so you're copying and pasting the image link directly into the reply box, correct?

If the the image is already hosted somewhere on the web, copy the url (www.pictureiwannacopy/billspage/pictures.jpg or similar), then click the little green tree inside a square icon in the bottom row of the grey-blue header bar, above the reply box. When you hover the cursor over it, it will display "image". Click on it, and a new window will open up and allow you to paste the url of the image into the blank space. Click "OK" once it's pasted, and place your cursor in the body if the message/reply box where you want the image to appear.

I don't know if there's a specific list stating which extensions are allowed, but I've haven't had any issues with .jpg or .gif files, either using the method described above or via the attachment feature, but not all images can be copied and pasted. I know I have had issues with the .jpg images files on Tower Hobbies 'site (and it has happened with a few other site's images), and I don't know the correct web-speak term, but I think the images are protected somehow to prevent re-linking(?). Basically, you can't take their image file and re-post it elsewhere.

If the images are on your hard drive, I would suggest using the Attachment feature to upload them.

If you can't save or link an image, you can always do a screen shot and upload it to a photo hosting service.